• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

How Many Buyers Bought 2022 With EPS

WAY TO GO DAN!!!!. I will have three sidewinders and a viper when this one comes in. Never regretted one minute of my choices. I’m ordering stuff now to fit it up the way I want it! Semi aggressive snow trackers are the best thing you can do for handling. With the new EPS, this thing should steer like a dream with snow trackers on it. I have them on all my other sleds. I ride Canada all winter, except for this past year. Was only able to get 370 miles on my 21 Winder, but no regrets, it will be ready for next year!

HANK

Thank you Hank. Yep, looking at the snow trackers also. Also thinking of a Hurricane 240 tune and a TAPP primary. Likely do not need either but I am at the point where need is not the determine factor....smile. I ride mostly in MI around Traverse City or all over in the UP but also love the trips to ON around Bracebridge/Huntsville (don't love the trail pass prices though).

Common sense should tell us the old eps iron won’t last forever. Eps was born in 2o11 going on 12 years Yamaha 4s sleds born in 2003. Upgrades way way overdue but to what? Yamaha wasn’t on my radar until they finally reintroduced eps. I need to demo eps see how good on the procross sure was a great improvement on the delta box. On a 900t enduro now.
Or you could go with a non-eps sled and add the mechanical power steering from Barn of Parts that does the same to for a fraction of the price, easy install and light weight as compared to factory eps

Or you could go with a non-eps sled and add the mechanical power steering from Barn of Parts that does the same to for a fraction of the price, easy install and light weight as compared to factory eps
While B.O.P. easy steer system may work to ease steering effort, It does not do what the factory EPS will. The electric power steering is speed sensitive and the other great befit is the isolation of trail chatter through the bars.
The small amount of added weight is a non factor compared to the benefits.

2 LTX GT's on order for the wife and myself. Hoping there are no production issues.

Not sure if Jaret's statement of Apex and Vector riders will be motivated to move to the new Power steering option on the winder models will be enough for us to make the switch, some will, not me though, already have power steering and a great reliable sled, not going to lay 25 grand down just to experience the 998 turbo power in Cats platform, I have more than enough power now in a strong well built platform, ride may not be as good but nice enough on groomed trails, put that turbo in a new pure Yamaha skid I may reconsider with the same high tech as the Apex.

Not sure if Jaret's statement of Apex and Vector riders will be motivated to move to the new Power steering option on the winder models will be enough for us to make the switch, some will, not me though, already have power steering and a great reliable sled, not going to lay 25 grand down just to experience the 998 turbo power in Cats platform, I have more than enough power now in a strong well built platform, ride may not be as good but nice enough on groomed trails, put that turbo in a new pure Yamaha skid I may reconsider with the same high tech as the Apex.
I would hang on to that Apex, it is a great sled, with a strong following. We have a 2013 power steering Vector LTX that looks and rides like new. We will keep the Vector for as long as we are riding on snow, but that being said, we have ordered our third Sidewinder for the coming winter. My wife won't ride without p/s, so we were both excited by Yamaha's decision to bring it back with the Sidewinder LTX GT. As good as the old Apex and Vectors are, there is no comparison in the ride and the handling of the Pro Cross chassis over the old Delta Box chassis. Don't let your loyalty and nostalgia for the Japan built sleds deprive you of the comfort, handling and power that a Sidewinder provides.

Thanks, really thinking about it if something was to happen to my Apex and I had to purchase a new sled, not sure what direction I would go, I think a lot of the old Yamaha faithful would be in this boat also in the same situation, I am just not sold on the Winder yet, Yamaha engine yes, but Cat DNA no, I don't care how nice it rides and handles, the Cat /Yamaha agreement just doesn't sit right with me, never did, my only other option for a new 4 stroke sled would be to darken the door way of Doo.

Don't let your loyalty and nostalgia for the Japan built sleds deprive you of the comfort, handling and power that a Sidewinder provides.
He gets it.
I had an EPS Apex. The EPS was the only thing I liked about it. In fact, that was the sled that drove me to the pro-cross chassis Viper.

Apex EPS was a great sled but missed on suspension. Yamaha may have hung on with Apex and Vector if they improved the suspension and then the SS was the last disaster. I might have purchased 2018 Apex and beyond but the rear suspension was horrible compared to all other OEMs. Crying shame imo didn’t have to happen the way it did.

Apex EPS was a great sled but missed on suspension. Yamaha may have hung on with Apex and Vector if they improved the suspension and then the SS was the last disaster. I might have purchased 2018 Apex and beyond but the rear suspension was horrible compared to all other OEMs. Crying shame imo didn’t have to happen the way it did.
8-10 years ago, I wonder whether Yamaha's snowmobile division had the backing it needed from higher up to do what needed to be done? The "single shot" rear suspension was probably a last ditch effort to save the DB chassis, but its failure effectively put the last nail in Yamaha's coffin as a snowmobile manufacturer. Regardless of how we feel about AC, if it weren't for the partnership with AC, the only recreational vehicle we could still buy with the Yamaha name on it would have tires under it.

Regardless of how we feel about AC, if it weren't for the partnership with AC, the only recreational vehicle we could still buy with the Yamaha name on it would have tires under it.
some don't understand this.

8-10 years ago, I wonder whether Yamaha's snowmobile division had the backing it needed from higher up to do what needed to be done? The "single shot" rear suspension was probably a last ditch effort to save the DB chassis, but its failure effectively put the last nail in Yamaha's coffin as a snowmobile manufacturer. Regardless of how we feel about AC, if it weren't for the partnership with AC, the only recreational vehicle we could still buy with the Yamaha name on it would have tires under it.
Looking at the past 10 years I would say No Yamaha would not and did no invest internally to advance their snowmobile division. We all waited and waited for a new Japanese sled and nothing new. The OEM agreement with Cat saved the day probably for both OEMs. Now Textron is in complete control of the Yamaha Snow Division and uses Yamaha 4s engines all the rest is Cat. I see more of the same in the near and long term future.

Yes, sadly Textron is in control now, that's what bothers me, and they haven't changed their spots by any means, I just pray Yamaha does not move the ATV/ SXS side over only offering a cross breed with Cat with the Yammie engine in it like the Winder, I bet you its been looked at, the WildCat x has a Yamaha engine in it, then it will be over for Yamaha.

anyone else order one? Get this thread back on track maybe???

Back