• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

How many miles on the 2010

markshop

Veteran
How many miles on the 2010 vectors so far? I got 800 and counting. Any problems? I have no complaints so far other than fast slide wear when the track was too tight. Now it is within reason.

I have 1300 on the 2010 GT LTX and I am loving it. I had 108 studs put on it and this thing is hooking up great. I have the snowtrackers on the front and this thing is handling great. The only other sled I would get is the new Apex SE but I will wait another year when the price comes down.

The only issue I have is ski lift and maybe a little more top end.

Almost 700. Hope to have at least 1000 by the end of next weekend. Not a single problem. Even started right up at -22 F. Only one minor complaint is the wind protection with the stock wind screen but I don't care for the looks of the large one so I'm going to keep it for a while. I'd like to see if the new apex wind screen will fit. I'm going to ask the Yamaha guys if it will fit when I test drive the apex this weekend.

I seen a guy who had a mid high windshield that was white in the front and it was higher than the stock windshield. He said it worked great. He said it was a mid height windshield that he got from his dealer.

I have 1550 miles on my 2010 Vector LTX and really like the ride!! Installed Woody's Slim Jim 6" Doolys and went with the 8FT96 -20 Blue Shard windshield which matches the sled graphics very nicely. Now able to keep up with my 2 son's on their 07 Attacks. Slide wear has gotten better as the sled loosened up. Have some track noise in the 30-50mph range. I would have to say this is the best Yamaha I have owned and I have been riding since 1970 ;)!

1500 miles on 2010 Vector LTX GT. Best Yamy yet out of 7 in the last seven years. Runnnig Curve skis with Bergstrom triplepoints and Camoplast prestudded track.

Well It seems everyone is very pleased with the new vector including myself. I have so much more confidence in this sled than my last sled which makes the ride so much more fun. I was always waiting for the next burn down.

sUSPENSION SEEEMS MUCH FIRMER THAN MY PREVIOUS MONO'S. MINE IS SET FULL SOFT IN THE REAR NEAR ZERO BOTTTOMING. I'm 180 WITHOUT GEAR

Check what position the spring is set too. I just set it to the second position after some rough riding and it got alot firmer. I may put it back to the first setting because now I'm a littke too stiff but I need some more miles before I make that decision. I'm 190 pounds.

MY C clip position is softest and cam adjuster in first position softest. It's not too soft for me. I don't think a real light rider could get it softer without a diggerent spring.

I installed the spring 2 sizes down from stock and am happy with it's performance. I believe the stock spring is a 5.5. Below it there is a 5.0, 4.5, and 3.0 spring rate. The 4.5 seems perfect for me. I'm 205 without gear. This is on a 10 Vector LTX and the stock spring was too stiff for me. Many easy starts at -20F. One belt at a little over 6,000 miles, good slide wear, a couple of idler wheel bearings, a few mono shock cables. No complaints other than the sled does not shed ice from between the tunnel and track when it stays around 0 degrees or lower.

No it was not paid for by Yamaha. If I remeber correctly list on the spring was around $260. I paid substantially less thanks to the dealer I work with. The change over is fairly simple. Mono cable, two shock bolts, two ratchet straps to compress old spring and remove shock collars, install new spring with ratchet straps and replace shock collars, two shock bolts and mono cable. Less than an hour to remove and replace.

Back