• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

How many miles on your Apex?

trailhed1

Expert
Just wrapped up another great trail season here in Quebec.

Got 8400 Kilometers for the season (all good). (5182 miles)

So my 2008 Apex GT 136" has now 33581 Kilometers. (20886 miles)

Going for one more season with her.

:yam:

Wow thats awesome, I was thinking the other day about starting a post like this. I'm interested in doing some mods and as wondering what people were getting out of there machines before I do. I have an 09 LTX I got 2800miles this season and 4000miles total on sled. Hopefully another 2-3 years then I will upgrade. Awesome season hope next year is the same!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hey trailhead,what was the most expensive fix that was unexpected that broke on you in your 20,000 miles??? Thats a lot of gas this season for 8k miles.

Yes sledding is not a cheap addiction, but i could think of many worse. I do not keep stats on gas I do not want to know.

I messed up this season riding too fast on a perfectly groomed trail there was a wash out (big #*$&@ hole in trail) left ski fell in and i broke the left bulkead, that was the most expensive. But I did that to it. By the way I was able to ride it back since its built like a battle tank and weighs the same too. Love it.

Ironically and believe this if you want my starter just died, i believe this will be her most expensive fix to date.

My sled is looked over after each long ride (1000-1200 miles) by my awesome dealer who is the best in Quebec as far as I am concerned.

Have changed the track just becsuse its studded and did not want sn issue with a 14000 mile track throwing a stud thru my cooler no thanks, but just
normal maintenance and usual things slides, bogey wheeles etc.

Ohlins shock in rear blew second season got brand new one under warranty. And i think it was a rear section of the chaincase or something too one time the dealer found it during a inspection and again covered under warranty. Bearing had play where it sits in rear of chaincase I think?

Used to live the lie on Polaris
Never again.

On my 06 APEX RTX 144" 6630 miles and on my 08 MTX Apex 3952 and thw wifes Nytro xtx 985 miles. I will most likely ride them till they die.

Thats just what I was hoping to hear trailhead. I have to get used to driving something high mileage and putting money into making it faster. I'm not gonna go crazy just a few things. I was thinking of upgrading this year but I know this sled like the back of my hand,can strip it down to the motor in less than an hour. I just hope this motor is as strong as some of the ones I have read about on here. I got the starter saver from rock last week he was giving them away for the cost of shipping up to 25 people,you should check and put it on with your new starter,simple install could save you someday. Just got to remember to look at light when you turn her over. That is awesome how little major problems you have had in 20,000 miles!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

If it can stand up to my right thumb it is built to last.

Been lucky for sure. After so many cursed years on the Polaris sleds breaking stuff left and right. I will take what I can get its all snowmobiling.

My sled is completely stock with the exception of tall winshield(-40c yeah i want it) studs, and Simmons Flexi-Skis with 6" dual carbides. On rails thru them corners on the right.

I leave on a long 6-9 day loop no worries about riding her back right to the house.

On Polaris was a crap shoot whether it was the white trail or the black trail(on a truck to a dealer).

I saw the starter saver thing I figure, i got my moneys worth from this starter for sure.

Need to read on the starter saver i did not read the thread.

yea its fairly simple just a light that illuminates when you are turning the key,as long as it goes out your good if it stays lit you have to immediatley disconnect battery. It is really a brilliant idea, a starter and solenoid alone are exspensive but if it fries your stator thats even more. Especially if you dont do the work yourself. I have had no problems with mine but have read others, dont need that expense when a season is going great. You leave on your sled and drive for 6-9 days and stay in hotels?? Thats awesome, I got to get up to canada someday,I just dont want to pay the $300 toenter and not be able to carry my gun.
I hope some others chime in on the mileage,seems to be getting quite here already. Everybodys tuning up there atv's and dirtbikes.

Attak mileage

Mine has 6000 miles and the largest repair is in progress! NEW track, chaincase bearings and bulkhead bearing! Had stainless pipes put on last year and donuts. Great sled love pulling that flipper :Rockon:

I have three GT's in the arsenal.

Mine has 10,500 miles: Replaced both Y pipes with stainless, one set of donuts, all bogey wheels upgraded to removable bearings ( I grease them every year now), Both bearings replaced at 8K miles (clutch and speedo) although they were fine since I grease them every trip, just wanted to be safe. Three sets of slides, 4 oil changes with 2 oil filters. Half Baked beef up kit, Pioneer performance Ohlins revalve, just sent Bruce my front shocks and I am doing the front bushings.

Buddies has 11000 miles, all of the above only one set of donuts, still has original Y pipes, he hit a rock so replaced the front heat exchangers and now the track is off the machine waiting for a new one.

Other Buddies has 8500 miles, did both Y pipes on this one and all of the other stuff mentioned above since its just easier to do things in threes!!!

Looking to get one or two more seasons out of these sleds and we typically do 2500 miles a year in Quebec. Mostly groomed trail riding

Back