• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

How many vipers with starters going bad?

Well fortunately enough for me I have a real good warranty, I'm not pleased with this, but what really disturbs me is that I don't know if the reflash will make this better or if it'll still potentially be a problem

Well fortunately enough for me I have a real good warranty, I'm not pleased with this, but what really disturbs me is that I don't know if the reflash will make this better or if it'll still potentially be a problem
At this point I would be more worried about the value of the sled how much more money do you guys want to keep pouring into them

The money I've spent has been 100% for my personal preference, nothing else has influenced that at all. I'm surprised that there are so many that have had this problem, and unless I haven't been paying attention, I haven't seen much if any indication of this happening until within the last month. But seeming to be a lot more incidences coming out

The money I've spent has been 100% for my personal preference, nothing else has influenced that at all. I'm surprised that there are so many that have had this problem, and unless I haven't been paying attention, I haven't seen much if any indication of this happening until within the last month. But seeming to be a lot more incidences coming out
Could it be the gems with all the added fuel causing a kick back on start just a thought

There's roughly 5-10 seconds on startup where the gems is not active, it's all stock fueling. With the afr gauge I can see the fueling on startup and it's usually 16-17. Is it possible that it's way too lean on startup? If anything I'd think you'd want it rich and then gradually lean out

:dieSorry 144 I know it sucks. I had the re..flash done and my sled starts a lot quicker.

There's roughly 5-10 seconds on startup where the gems is not active, it's all stock fueling. With the afr gauge I can see the fueling on startup and it's usually 16-17. Is it possible that it's way too lean on startup? If anything I'd think you'd want it rich and then gradually lean out
I'm thinking too much fuel on shut off laying in the engine on the next start causing a misfire

Do the reflash. They want you to and I believe they have said it helps this. I also recommend my starting method. Grab the key dont wait for dash dont wait for fuel pump. Turn the key as fast as you can and dont let off till it starts.

Maybe that's where I'm going wrong, last year that's the only way mine would start, if I cycled the pump it would start hard, now this year when I cycle the pump it starts good but I guess I should go back to the old technique

Do the reflash. They want you to and I believe they have said it helps this. I also recommend my starting method. Grab the key dont wait for dash dont wait for fuel pump. Turn the key as fast as you can and dont let off till it starts.
I've been starting my viper this way ever since I read your post and mine starts perfect every time hot or cold,thanks for the heads up ;)!

mine backfired once. it was after i did some clutching and rotated the motor by hand. not sure if it has anything to do with it. but with 2700 miles on it, that was the only time.

It's worked for others also. Have had hard starters even after re flash and they have been amazed when it fired right up using this method. Now I learned way back in auto class to never tell a customer how to start their vehicle. Always find something wrong to keep it impersonable. But in this case it seems it's necessary.

I am not reflashed yet but last season i had terrible hot start issues.
This year i am turning the key to start immediatly, no delay, and it starts pretty dam good now.
I was going to wait out the season to see how the reflash works out for everyone.

Back