• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

How much do you think this is worth?. 09 FX Nitro MTX

Benstern

Country
USA
Snowmobile
Fx Phazer
Hi all. I currently have an 07 phazer fx, but I want something more for the deep powder, so I've been considering an 09 fx Nitro mtx that I found on Craigslist. The guy said it is an perfect condition except the hyfax which he said he is actually going to have it replaced before he sells it so I won't have to worry about that! Any way he's the second owner and has had it since 2010. He says he barely used it and it was his wife's machine most of the time. It only has 1566 miles on it. (which seams very low). Anyway just wondering what you guys think it's worth also what are your opinions of that machine. Any and all comments are greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Here are some pics of the sled.
00N0N_bc3b9kuZgdO_0CI0t2_600x450.jpg
01616_czSQ0McYWhK_0t20CI_600x450.jpg
01212_6X6ciUCslo7_0CI0t2_600x450.jpg
00202_lb8zd8pSzdO_0t20CI_600x450.jpg
00H0H_eO0eDWrd2og_0t20CI_600x450.jpg

Hi all. I currently have an 07 phazer fx, but I want something more for the deep powder, so I've been considering an 09 fx Nitro mtx that I found on Craigslist. The guy said it is an perfect condition except the hyfax which he said he is actually going to have it replaced before he sells it so I won't have to worry about that! Any way he's the second owner and has had it since 2010. He says he barely used it and it was his wife's machine most of the time. It only has 1566 miles on it. (which seams very low). Anyway just wondering what you guys think it's worth also what are your opinions of that machine. Any and all comments are greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Here are some pics of the sled.
View attachment 171002View attachment 171003View attachment 171004View attachment 171005View attachment 171006
How much are they asking for it?

That one looks much cleaner the. The other one you posted that’s for sure. I’d say somewhere around 5,000 US. Up here they’ve been bringing around 6500$ cdn for a similar sled with the Covid inflation. That’s starting to taper off now though and prices are starting to creep down.

It does seam to be much cleaner. But it doesn't have the track or the power of the other one, and it's only $100 less. I'm seriously trying to decide between the two.

It does seam to be much cleaner. But it doesn't have the track or the power of the other one, and it's only $100 less. I'm seriously trying to decide between the two.
If this ones in as nice as shape as the seller says and it’s been well maintained I would take it over the other one any day if this is what you’re really after. Don’t get attached to anything make a educated decision once you’ve looked at them if possible. I was in those shoes not to terribly long ago and learnt it’s best to wait and find what you want then to get excited over the first one you find and settle on it. Depending on your skill level the non boosted one might be a better step up the ladder too. HP isn’t everything.

Thankyou for your top notch advice.

To be honest I actually found this one first and almost had my heart set on it. I didn't really like its power to weight ratio so I looked in to getting a turbo, but found that they were like $4k when you could find them. Also I didn't really like the track length/lug depth. I kinda imagined myself getting stuck an awful lot. So I wasn't so sure about it.

So when the boosted one came up with the longer track and deeper lugs (exactly what I was wishing this one had) for almost the same price, I really took a liking to it. (You might be able to relate)

So I checked out the boosted one.
The track was super clean, no tears or missing lugs. None of skid/frame/suspension was messed up (that I could tell) he showed me the melted plastic and explained that the exhaust is routed fairly close and that is what melted it, which I could clearly see, so I'm not too skeptical about that anymore. Anyway it seamed to be in pretty good condition for a sled with 4k miles.

The thing I'm not quite sure about is that it was super loud, now I'm not actually sure what a forced induction snowmobile is supposed to sound like but it was pretty loud.

I did notice that the exhaust was routed under the tunnel so maybe he deleted the muffler
(I stupidly didn't ask)

He said he runs 50/50 av gas in it.

Anyway the guy lives in a gated neighborhood on an air strip, he had a fairly large house and a hanger (and I'm guessing an airplane inside the hanger) he said he's selling it because he just bought a brand new skidoo expedition turbo. So he didn't really seem like the type of guy who would need to be dishonest. But I could be wrong.

Anyway I plan to give it a test ride Saturday morning to see how it performs at full throttle. In some deepish snow.

Also he said he would do $3500 ( I thought he said 36)

That supercharged one sounds fun, but it also sounds like a headache in the waiting.
When you start upping the power levels of stock engines you better be prepared for some trial and error. Some of the error can be expensive.
also, when buying a sled that has been modified, I like to have confidence it has been done correctly. That is why I do all my own mods, so I know how it works if things go south.
If the sled in the picture above is as clean as it looks, I would lean that direction and build it as you want and can afford. It looks to be a good starting point for the mods you want. Or just ride it as is for now, you may be surprised at how much you enjoy it.

Well here's the thing, the guy says he put the SC on 2k miles ago back in 2014. So I kinda feel like if he did something wrong while installing it, it would have shown up by now, but I could be wrong.

Also he does seem to be very knowledgeable.
He says that he built the sled for himself exactly how he wanted it.
Not only did he do the supercharger he also put a new skid, Avid drivers and a really nice 162 inch track ( which looked like it was in really good condition)

So I'm really leaning towards the boosted one, although I'm not completely set on it. I think I'm going to check out the non boosted one today.

I've decided to take yalls advice and scrap The boosted one, although it did seam to be exactly what I wanted.

So about this one. You think it would be a good deal @$3500?

I've decided to take yalls advice and scrap The boosted one, although it did seam to be exactly what I wanted.

So about this one. You think it would be a good deal @$3500?
I don’t think he’s out of line on the price. Throw him a offer of 3,000 or 3250 and see where you end up if it’s something that interests you. It does appear to be a very clean sled so he may not be willing to move much on the price. Around here the mtx nytro is a harder sell though. Xtx is more common and priced a little higher. Ultimately you have to see it touch it and feel it to make a decision. We can only give so much advice over the internet. Pictures can hide a lot of things but typically first impressions aren’t far off.

Well he was asking $5k and I actually offered him $3500 he came back with 3750 but I said that $3500 was my max then he said his wife said he had to sell it so he excepted my offer. And that's where it stands so I think I'll just keep my eyes open for something else.

Well he was asking $5k and I actually offered him $3500 he came back with 3750 but I said that $3500 was my max then he said his wife said he had to sell it so he excepted my offer. And that's where it stands so I think I'll just keep my eyes open for something else.
OMG dude, if you can’t pull the trigger on that deal why are you wasting yours and his time?!? If that’s your budget you have zero business even thinking about a supercharged Nytro, too.

Where I come from, you bought the sled when you made an offer, and it was accepted.
Your word has to mean something.
Well yah same here, but here's what happend.

I contacted him last week sometime and made the offer he excepted and said that the hifax were taken off, but he had new hifax on the way but they wouldn't be in until Friday (yesterday). So I said sounds good I'll see you Friday but then he's says something along these lines " yah as long as I don't get another offer".
To me that sounded like the deal wasn't for sure. And we both weren't obligated to come through on it.

Any way I contacted him yesterday to check it out but the hifax weren't in and probably won't be in until next Tuesday.

Back