• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

How much is increase in speed with turbo on your RX1/Warrior

Hello Guys & Girls
I was wondering how much your top speed is increasing when you bolt on turbo on your RX1/Warrior??? :wink: Is it worth it??

I have the 04 RXWarrior LE and is considering if i should bolt on a turbo on it.

How much top end?

Probably more than you are willing to hold it to. At least 30 mph and who knows how much more.

I would say 30MPH is a safe number. Definately faster than the track was designed to spin, and I don't want to find out what kind of mess that thing will make when it comes apart at 150MPH on the meter...

I've had mine up to 138 and still pulling. There is one in Sweden at 152 mph it think I saw posted here some were.

TOP SPEED depends on the amount of boost you give the engine.... what i have seen is as follows...
for every pound of boost you add 10 hp....
most kits at high boost yield 8 lbs or 80 hp to your stock 140
stock rx1's in a 1000 feet run 95-97 mph....
turbo rx1's at 8 lbs of boost run 113-117 in 1000ft.
with lots of coaching and more boost, my turbo runs 130's in 1000 ft...
this is data with a std. rx1, would expect a the longer track to cost 2-3mph
the speed above is speed through the lights on a smoth race track.... take a couple off for hard pack...... now...
the speedo on the rx1 seems to be 13% off..... a friends turbo at 10lbs of boost ran 156 on the speedo with stock gearing on hard pack in maybe 2000feet !!!!.. my racing partner has installed 6 turbo's this season with not one feedback complaint or report of broken parts...... if you love power, BUY A TURBO KIT NOW ! lots of good kits out there,, i like and own the bender kit...

TOP SPEED depends on the amount of boost you give the engine.... what i have seen is as follows...
for every pound of boost you add 10 hp....
most kits at high boost yield 8 lbs or 80 hp to your stock 140
stock rx1's in a 1000 feet run 95-97 mph....
turbo rx1's at 8 lbs of boost run 113-117 in 1000ft.
with lots of coaching and more boost, my turbo runs 130's in 1000 ft...
this is data with a std. rx1, would expect a the longer track to cost 2-3mph
the speed above is speed through the lights on a smoth race track.... take a couple off for hard pack...... now...
the speedo on the rx1 seems to be 13% off..... a friends turbo at 10lbs of boost ran 156 on the speedo with stock gearing on hard pack in maybe 2000feet !!!!.. my racing partner has installed 6 turbo's this season with not one feedback complaint or report of broken parts...... if you love power, BUY A TURBO KIT NOW ! lots of good kits out there,, i like and own the bender kit...

jtssrx..... no n20...... not to say i won't try it next year.. Expect to have a larger turbine on a second ready to go soon.... depending on the spool up time, i may elect to use n20 on the bottom end.....

turbo 4 life said:
i have the same 04 le 136 max speed 122mph 400 rear mount mcx turbo :Rockon: :Rockon:

What boost level do you run?
Are you running a MCX400 turbo kit?
Distance?

To the original post:

2003 RX-1 121 stock
Gearing stock
Clutching stock
Speed 180 kmt or 112 mph on dream meter on the lake

Turboed
Gearing stock
Clutching custom
Speed 229 kmt or 142 mph on dream meter on the lake