• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

How much $ to replace inner bogie wheel.

up.mi.man

Extreme
Country
USA
Snowmobile
2017 sidewinder ltx se
I dont think i want to tackle this job how long should it take the dealer. i already bought the wheel from them.
Thanks Dale

Probably take more effort, time and money to have your Dealer do such a simple job.

It takes just a few minutes.

It's the wheel next to the front shock. it dose not look easy to me. lol
Thanks Dale

I looked it over and it's not a easy job The dealer said 1 to 1.5 hours i called another dealer they told me the same said the needed to drop the back half of the skid.

Is the idler wheel mounted on the same shaft as the shock? Then I'd understand dropping the skid.

THe dealer is way overthinking this.

You just take the top bolt out of the center shock, then with a little muscle pull the shock back, then you can take the bolts out of each side, and take the whole shock assembly out. Once you have the wheel replaced, just put it all back the same way.... It's an hour tops, including moving the sled into the garage, getting it up on a bench, jacking the rear up a bit and everything in reverse, and very easy.

I brought it to the dealer they changed both wheels and charged me 1 hour. Thanks guys for your replys.
Thanks Dale

Back