• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

How My RX-1 Embarrassed Me

redrx1rkt said:
Mighty Warrior - Poo does indeed make an SDI 600. Their carbed 600 is the 600 H.O. I can beat those fairly easily. His sled was brand new (well, it had about 20 miles on it) when this race occurred.

No, they don't............Polaris calls theirs Cleanfire injection and it wasn't available last year except on the 900......what you are describing is Ski-doo's engine lineup. Not that hard to understand with ski-doo 600 SDI. 120-ish hp and probably 120 lbs (or more) less weight. Viola........a tight race.

As to maxdlx's comment about 300 mi. to really wake up the RX-1 motor ......it's more like 1500+ ;)!

This post is bs. I'm sorry the only non 900 that I have trouble with at times (and based on hookup) is the F-7. I can take 05's, but the 03's beat me.

I've also raced extensively against the same guy last year on his F-6. He was frustrated cause the HCS guys told him he'd beat me. He couldn't on the bottom or top end (same setup). Add in the fact that up till 06 (cause who knows yet), the F-6 is the fastest 600 out there, and that Poo 600's are major dogs... Now if he meant DOO, they are faster but still not as much as the F6. Perhaps you had one too many that day my friend.

However that all said a 600 SDI DOO will be pretty close to an 800 HO up until 70 mph.

He wrote that it was a Ski-doo allready in the first few sentenses, where he had raced a carbed Poo 700 and a Polaris 700 , allthough a little misleading, since everyone else calls the Polaris Poo. It doesen't surprise me one bit that he can't beat the 600SDI, since a standard RX1 is not the fastest in 0-60. The clutching is just to cruising-minded IMO.

I've never rode or raced a short track Rx-1 but I have never been beat out of the hole with my Warrior it gets major traction.I raced a zr 900 and won easily,ZRT 800,thunder cat,SDi 1000 doo "won once lost once to sdi 1000) .But when I had stock clutching I couldn't even beat my old SRX 600 talk about :o| #$%&* .Clutching and some adjustable trasfer rods and a few other suspension adjustments and it is a very fast sled.I put i 118 studs this year and that made a huge improvement on traction.I still think the majority of people put in to many studs but that is a whole different subject.

I think you are wrong RSV. He said the guy was a dedicated Poo rider, nothing is any good but Poo. And he said a 600 SDI Poo. He never said Doo. I think it is all B.S. Even with stock clutching he should have no problem. I would be shocked if it was right with him to 100 unless there was something done to the 600 he wasn't saying.

Where is the guy then? Was he scared by the comments he got? Only he can put it right once and for all... But since he wrote later in the thread that it was an SDI for sure, I make it he's sertainly talking about a Ski-doo, not a Polaris.

jtssrx said:
Maybe he ment to say doo=skidoo
My thought exactly!!!

Attachments

• Apex Banggin' 041.jpg
    Apex Banggin' 041.jpg
    147 KB · Views: 68
jtssrx said:
Nothing really matters, anyone can see. Nothing really matters, nothing really matters, to meeeeee.
Sorry, I was just listening to Queen LaLaLa
They both suck and should be looking at his Tail lights 8)

Just for comparison....the DOO 600 SDI is pretty quick off the line up to about 80MPH. My REV 800HO was only about a sled length ahead of a 600SDI until about 80MPH then I walked away when the 600 had no legs up top.

Comparing my 800HO to my 2003 RX1...I am pretty sure the REV would have beat my RX1 out of the hole and mid range but lost out to the mighty RX1 on top.

So....this "in theory" could happen if he is talking about a Ski-DOO 600 SDI.

Jason, he said the guy was a Polaris freak, so I didn't think he was mistaken. There just seems to be too many inconsistantcies, which makes me think it is all B.S. Of course, he could have a really slow RX-1 and it could be true.

Why would anyone join April 20th, 2005 then post a message on April 21st, 2005 and talk about an event back in January 2004? 14months to bring this up?

This was also the guy who posted his RX1 running 138mph on the dream meter on April 20th, 2005. that being said - under NO conditions would a 600 SDI run close to him that day. It would have been nice to know what top end he got to before he shut her down (may have been a very WARM day and sled not running well at all).

I've only seen 121 on the meter. I run neck and neck with a 600SDI renegade to 70mph then walk away (though he did get 1-2mpg better on average on a 800 mile trip - though with me running 175's instead of 165's which I am now)

Back