• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

How to: 2011 Yamaha Apex track change Video

Thanks for the quick tip on the parking brake. I have often struggled with getting it adjusted by the cable, and can't say that I have ever looked it up in the service manual. As it seemed straight forward to adjust the cable. And it never held since. Nice tip.

I'm assuming that was an SE with rail extensions. It looked like rail extensions in the skid.

Last edited:
Thanks for the quick tip on the parking brake. I have often struggles with getting it adjust by the cable, and can't say that I have ever looked it up in the service manual. As it seemed straight forward to adjust the cable. And it never held since. Nice tip.

I'm assuming that was an SE with rail extensions. It looked like rail extensions in the skid.

Your welcome!! Yes sir, it was a SE with extensions and Mega Float was changed out.

I know you have the one for the EXUP valve check and adjust, thought if you were bored you could do the 20 valves in the motor.

valve set is going to dealer on 11 at end of season.

valve set is going to dealer on 11 at end of season.
I got many more miles before mine would need to be done, after wrenching since the early 70s I have worked with a lot of wanabe Techs. I don't know if I could trust someone to do such an evasive repair. I will do it myself so I know it will be done right.

i have done it with the shim and bucket on my xt350 and that sucked even as a 1 lunger and i had shims for it. with the apex, i would have to take it apart, order the shims and then remeber how to put it back together probably a month later without being disturbed by some one........i am not that lucky.

good tips on the e brake as i never seem to get it to last when i set it.

Back