• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

How to get 25 to 30 more HP out of 06 attack ?

Last I heard Fundy Performance was suppose to have an intake mod a Cam along with Power Commander to produce 178HP...

You won't get that kind of power with anything but boost or NOS. Perhaps a pro-stock bike engine builder like Ward Performance, but you'll spend more than you would by adding a turbo or supercharger and it wont be too trail friendly. Just boost it and you'll be much happier.

you can get MAYBE 5-10hp with different exhuast, different spark plugs, fuel controller etc etc.. for a few thousand dolloars

Or you could go nitros for $500+

or a suppercharger for $5000

fundy will port replace intake cam and with modded airbox fuel controller and ignition module power is near 190hp, 178-180 with no porting.

justinator said:
fundy will port replace intake cam and with modded airbox fuel controller and ignition module power is near 190hp, 178-180 with no porting.

Come on, this sounds way to easy......anyone out there try this kit and cab confirm its power???

You might get 175... The airbox mod PCIII/Ignition Controller and an Excell Exhaust is 163-165. Now add a Cam and do some porting and head gaskets. It's possible... Not sure how reliable it will be.

For the same $$$ you could get over 200HP with a stage 1 turbo add-on and not touch the stock engine...

I think you are all over estimating the power available from normally aspirated mods. I'd give you maybe 1 HP a piece with powercomander, airbox and pipe. another 10 for a cam and porting is being generous. I can out run a powercomander, airbox lid and piped sled with a true stock engine. I believe all of them combined won't give you 4 HP at the peak. That is my opinion. There only getting 175 out of the R1 which is spinning very high RPM's. Boost is cheapest and most reliable HP per dollar. I know, as I have worked with Ward Performance working up pricing and Pro-Stock style HP for the RX-1. Each copy of race engine was around $25,000 using my parts. I was not going to foot that type of bill. Yamaha didn't want to either. Boost it!

Back