• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

How to get 25 to 30 more HP out of 06 attack ?

It was a blast with the boosted sleds... but it was just a "backyard" drop of the glove type race on a slushy lake.
So I don't know what that will tell you because that shootout came down to clutching, traction, and rider weight (Haha)...
I guess I could bring a timing system or we could just do it this summer on a grass test strip or asphalt centrally located?
In any case, it is fun to get together and do things like this.
Good discussion.

Too bad we couldn't have seen some of these naturally aspirated mods on some Apex's in the magazine shootouts, then you can compared them to the stocker they run. Maybe next year in December in Woodgate.

Convert said:
Some good discussion here keep it friendly so it don't end up dogpiled indefinitely ;)!

If it was my comments, I'm sorry. I didn't mean it to come out like I was bashing. I 100% believe Ulmer Racing (Allen) when he says they got the added horsepower. I just hadn't seen it posted anywhere. I also see that the Dyno sheets are now posted. That is actually pretty impressive.

Jonathan, I never thought about the "fresh plugs" theory....good point.

I still say bang for the buck you have to go boosted or N2O.

But, one little hickup with N2O and you might end up like me...lol

Attachments

• piston.jpg
    piston.jpg
    61.6 KB · Views: 114
stoutner said:
Convert said:
Some good discussion here keep it friendly so it don't end up dogpiled indefinitely ;)!

If it was my comments, I'm sorry. I didn't mean it to come out like I was bashing. I 100% believe Ulmer Racing (Allen) when he says they got the added horsepower. I just hadn't seen it posted anywhere. I also see that the Dyno sheets are now posted. That is actually pretty impressive.

Jonathan, I never thought about the "fresh plugs" theory....good point.

I still say bang for the buck you have to go boosted or N2O.

But, one little hickup with N2O and you might end up like me...lol

That's why I don't want boost or a N2O system.

Stoutner, ever consider a HOLTZMAN kit?!!!!
j/k!

Sucks to be in your situation.

87gtNOS said:
Stoutner, ever consider a HOLTZMAN kit?!!!!
j/k!

Sucks to be in your situation.

I pulled the motor and rebuilt myself. It only cost me about $250 in parts. I didn't hone the cylinder though. I have 600 miles on it so far...runs like a brand new sled!

I also thought about a Holtzman kit. I just don't know exactly what caused the problem. I might have had a controller failure or maybe an injector failure...who knows.

Maybe 6500 miles and 300 lbs of N2O through the motor caused it!

stoutner said:
Maybe 6500 miles and 300 lbs of N2O through the motor caused it!

Again, another true testament to the durability of a Yamaha 4 stroke!!

A trail sled shoot out would be fun. Just make sure everyone is running whatever pump fuel is available (91 or 93 octane). Then make it 1/4 to 1/2 mile run. I have a Stalker STATS system that could be used as well. Just hard for me to drive 1200+ miles one way during the winter!

Srxspec said:
A trail sled shoot out would be fun. Just make sure everyone is running whatever pump fuel is available (91 or 93 octane). Then make it 1/4 to 1/2 mile run. I have a Stalker STATS system that could be used as well. Just hard for me to drive 1200+ miles one way during the winter!

I hear ya, there.
Ah, but there is more than one way to skin a Cat... (no pun intended)
I am sure we could figure out a way to collectively insure everyones mod's are represented in whatever shoot out (backyard or magazine).
A testament to this was the boosted trail sled shootout in OF... and I guarantee AJ and SPEED are going to organize that one AGAIN!!!
There are TY'er with Apex's and shops all over the country, quite the network ;)!

Yes and whether or not it's on snow or ice, preferably hardpacked snow.

web cams

Hurricane racing says the have Web cams that will give you 15 Hp,they cost 1033.00.Says they have dyno sheet to prove this but this was a boosted sled,so we will see?If you could add 15 to Ulmers 160 and would be trail friendly we would have something.

A gentleman who is an apex oval racer(his slead was on display) that I met at the 09 sneak peak on monday told me that there were cams out there that provide some serious hp. The place was crazy so the conversation was cut short. Does anyone know what he was talking about?

Back