• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

How to remove A-arms from spindles?

I've seen those for automotive but never tried one. Maybe I'll pick one up and give it a try.

There are a couple ways. You can use a tool called a pickle fork but it needs to be properly sized and if not careful it can rip the rubber ball joint boot. The other way is to apply pressure with a pry bar between the spindle and the a-arm in the direction the ball joint comes out. With pressure use a heavy hammer to give it a solid hit on the spindle were the stud wedges into the arm and it will pop it out. This to can cause damage if not careful also.

Both methods require raising the front of the sled so the ski is hanging.

Pickle fork.

This method is easier with two people. I used my foot to apply the pressure which is somewhat akward.

My sons came to my rescue. Brought over a pickle fork and a couple bangs with hammer and they popped right off. Careful around the boots and all is good.

Spindles, springs and front bumper off to powdercoating with son #1

A mechanic I am not. My sons however. Pickle fork, pressure and a hammer. Backed off the nuts to allow for room, but left on as suggested by another poster. 10-15 minutes and done. The worst part was getting the bolts out of the skis. The bolts were pretty much seized into the bushings. New bolts, clean inside of bushings and some grease.

Back