• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

How to remove air box 03 rx-1

rgextreme1998

Veteran
I want to change the oil and filter. Do i just take the cover off the airbox and then pull the boots off the carbs or pull the box off the boots? I know, silly question! thanks in advance. ;)!

Ok, got the profile updated, thanks for the links.

I went thru but didn't really see an answer. People just say pull the airbox off. I assume the boots on the carbs are attached to the airbox itself and it comes off as one piece? I just don't want to tear it apart and break it. Thanks again, rg

the boots come off of the carbs and stay with the air box. You loosen the clamps on the boots at the carbs, and it will come right off. Maxdlx

Loosen the clamps around the carb boots with a phillips screwdriver and remove the rubber hose that runs underneath the air box. I think there was a rubber strap in the front as well, been a while since I put it in storage.

Back