• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Hurley Mud Labor Day weekend '05

SledderSteve

Lifetime Member
Country
USA
Snowmobile
Rental
Not much to be found but we sure had fun in what little was there.

Amazing how we can amuse ourselves if we really try. The "ladies" in our group wowed the crowd at Bear Chasers by doing the pit there in reverse. The radiators on the quads didn't like that much but we managed to get the sticks and crud out of the fans and continue on our merry way.

The pit at Joanies was totally dry so that was just a stop and go.

Hopefully they'll get some rain before the Pumpkin Run.... :(

Our cameraman says he got some good ones with his new Canon with the 1 gig hard card.

"Supposedly" there's some pretty awesome video of the mud we did happen to find. I can't really be too hard on him as he's an engineer by trade. You can always tell an engineer but you can't tell him much.

He's a transplanted "Duner" from the Dumont Dunes area in CA and we turned him and his wife on to "Mudding" this past Memorial Day. Says we cost him $13k for the pair of King Quads he just had to buy because his research said they'd give him the best value.

He went with Mud-Lites while I've got Mud-Bugs on my Grizzly which he claims is why I got through some of the holes better. The reality, which he'll see on his video is he mounted a big ol' trunk on his back rack while I left mine open so I could use a trick I learned from a fellow TY rider. ;)!

Attachments

• IMG_0437.jpg
    IMG_0437.jpg
    244.8 KB · Views: 956
hey steve ,thanks for sharing the pics . looks like you had a good time up there
How were the tar pits?
:Rockon:

Thanks for the comment, we're all looking forward to the October ride and hoping/praying they get some more more mud as what you saw on the pics is what we had to work.

The last hole in the "Pits" before you get to the river was dried to that nasty, semi-dry, very sticky, quicksand type stuff. We just rode around that one. :wink:

Back