• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Hurley Mudd Running....

After we finished fooling around with the yacht club crowd, it was starting to get cold and dark so we decided to take the high ground trails back to the condo and get on with our charity event.

The dust was terrible so we split off into pairs and tried to maintain a decent interval to avoid any wrecks. I was following JR at about 40 mph when all of a sudden he starts shaking his head and beating on his helmet with both hands. Naturally, his Grizz is now wandering all over the trail and I'm thinking the guy's having a seizure or something.

It's amazing all the things that go through your head in such a short period of time. "What the hell am I going to do if he is in fact having a seizure?" That reverie didn't last long as all of a sudden JR reach down and grabbed both brake levers, hard! Now my thoughts turned to how do I manage not to smash into him.

I somehow gathered it up without a wreck then noticed horseflys buzzing around while he was taking off his helmet so I kind of figured what happened.

JR got his helmet off amidst much muttering and sputtering and all I could do was laugh. He didn't think it was very funny and told me so but that just made me laugh all the harder.

We made it back to the condo without further incident unless you count not having any towels for the shower. Those little washcloths don't do much for drying off my big a$$ :moon:

Good thing I have this board to see pics and hear stories from your Hurley trips ... Rick never says anything about the trip besides ... "we had a good time"

Oh wait this time he did mention that Meatball got stuck a lot!

:Rockon: looks like you guys had some fun up there. When were you up there because it looks like it dried out quite abit from the time I was up there(memorial day weekend) i'll post some pics of that mud hole you were stuck in :yam:

Great pics Grizz 5 ;)!

We were there July 23-25th. It was quite dry by then which led me to believe I could ride my Raptor. Ha!

Of course the Raptor had the last laugh at Black River Falls. Great state we have, all sorts of different trails. 8)

Back