• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Hurley, WI Trail 77 Update

SledderSteve

Lifetime Member
Country
USA
Snowmobile
Rental
Trail 77 west to Montreal is closed due to a large mud hole - may not reopen until sometime in July. Trail access to Saxon and west of Gile will now have to be via Trail 17 south, to 8 west, 15 and back up to 77 via 13 north.

According to my sources, a local bar owner, this favorite mud hole for many will be filled, leveled and drained. :whine:

I don't know if this closure means we can't play in it at all or if it's just closed to protect the innocent with unsuitable equipment from getting hopelessly stuck.

Lot's of good memories were created in that mud hole.... :Rockon:

Attachments

• tyatvIMG_1032.jpg
    tyatvIMG_1032.jpg
    150.1 KB · Views: 244
  • tyatvIMG_1033.jpg
    tyatvIMG_1033.jpg
    115.7 KB · Views: 259

muddin

That suck's I got buried in that hole last week.Pretty soon there will be noi mudholes up there.

Re: muddin

pro116 said:
That suck's I got buried in that hole last week.Pretty soon there will be no mudholes up there.
Did Munch have his little concession stand set up on the South end when you went through? Somehow he got a clapped out pickup in there loaded with food and soft drinks when I went by on Saturday. Great entertainment!

I took a pass on Sunday and the MudBugs carried me through as long as I had enough momentum and wheel speed to keep the lugs clean. Stuck it right at the end when I let off the throttle on the way back to retrieve my Brute Force riding partner who didn't have the proper tires.

Looks like I won't be needing those MudBugs for too much longer. :o|

No I didn't see them.The reson I bought a 4 wheel drive is for up there I always had sport quads if I knew they where filling everything in I would have bought another one. :o|

This should be interesting...

From the Hurley web site:
Storm today and tomorrow. Have a great 4th of July weekend! Construction on ATV Trail 77 west to Montreal is now complete and the trail has been reopened!

My brother, his wife and I rode those trails on Sunday.
Not sure if that is the same place, but we went though a section where it looked like they recently spread sand and leveled it.
Im not exactly sure which trails we rode, but we did ride trail 10 (singletrack) and trail 13.
Overall it was a good time, but some sections were poorly marked and some of the gates were closed, so you had to turn around and go back.
Its a place to ride though, which is more than Vilas county can say!

You can get a "Breeze" through there now....

Attachments

• DSC01734.jpg
    DSC01734.jpg
    82.4 KB · Views: 253
  • DSC01738.jpg
    DSC01738.jpg
    85.5 KB · Views: 274
  • DSC01739.jpg
    DSC01739.jpg
    98.1 KB · Views: 263
  • DSC01740.jpg
    DSC01740.jpg
    63.2 KB · Views: 250
That kinda looks like one section we rode though.
You say a Breeze will make it though there now, eh? So I guess that means my riding buddies who ride Polaris utility quads could PROBABLY make it though...

Wow they really did switch that up, Only good thing is that it should be great for the sleds, I can remeber forgeting that part in the winter and it was like riding a bull at 60+ mph.. LOL

I was sad to see that section "fixed" but my wife was all happy not to be "required" to run the gauntlet.

Sadly or otherwise, I believe we are looking at the shape of future ATV trails in the state of Wisconsin. The bad news is we won't be able to slog through big mud holes but the good news is we'll likely get more trails to ride. One of the biggest slams we face is the environmental damage caused by us slogging through those holes. Properly designed and drained trails will help to quiet down our critics.

While I prefer the challenge of the mud holes, I'm just happy to have a place to ride. My Grizzly might not be as pretty without the trick wheels and tires but I can adapt...

Attachments

• DSC01742.jpg
    DSC01742.jpg
    111.9 KB · Views: 268
Im not a fan of mud. Id rathar have fast forest roads where I can ride at 50-80 mph all day long that to be splashing though the mud.
I used to like riding mud, but now I find it kinda boring.

Octane said:
I used to like riding mud, but now I find it kinda boring.
I used to like riding in mud but now I can't find it.

Bring on the Wolvy on Steroids with the 80hp Phazer motor! :nos

Until then I guess I'll just have to start riding me Rappy again.

If you want mud you should go ride the trails they have near Monroe, WI. From what I remember they were pretty muddy.

Back