• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Hurricane 190 turbo-rpm’s

gpxsrx

Expert
Country
Canada
Snowmobile
way to many 2 strokes
Who is running the recommended rpm on the 190 Hurricane turbo
8700 @ 193 hp ?
I have been running 9050 -9200 on hard launches.
STM weights 60
11.4 grams in Heel
Mid empty
4.4 in tip
74.8 total grams.
Just wondering should I load the heel or tip to bring RPM down? Thanks

Who is running the recommended rpm on the 190 Hurricane turbo
8700 @ 193 hp ?
I have been running 9050 -9200 on hard launches.
STM weights 60
11.4 grams in Heel
Mid empty
4.4 in tip
74.8 total grams.
Just wondering should I load the heel or tip to bring RPM down? Thanks
What springs and helix are you running?

I'll have to check where I have the weight but I'm pretty sure I have my STMs at 76 grams total. 8800 rpms. Purple secondary spring and 51/43 helix. I also run the gates carbon fiber belt which is a little tackier and brings rpms down about 300 from stock belt.

I'll have to check where I have the weight but I'm pretty sure I have my STMs at 76 grams total. 8800 rpms. Purple secondary spring and 51/43 helix. I also run the gates carbon fiber belt which is a little tackier and brings rpms down about 300 from stock belt.
DTJ are you running BSB primary spring?

Wow no one running 190 Hurricane turbo anymore ? Must have jumped on the Sidewinder. Just looking to see how many people are running the recommended RPM@ 8700 ?

I'm running around 8700 but I have the straightline header so I think I could rev a bit higher. It pulls hard even after it's clutched out fully with overdrive machining. I had it up to 9100 and would have gone farther if I held it

I have the hurricane 190 kit and am Running 9100-9200 top rpm - I have 14 grams in the heel and 0 grams in the mid and 0 grams in the tip running the hurricane clutch kit - 21/41 gearing on a 1.5 inch track. Pulls 100 mph in any condition and on hard pack I've seen 108 on the speedo never gps'd it.

Rev limiter is 9350

If you have Dave's kit it would be stm, mine is - I'm running the same helix as you as well

What rollers are you running? Stock 15.5mm?

I have an MPI trail turbo runnig stock boost, not a Hurricane, but might be similar. I have been sorting out over-revving issues. My lastest setup (that I haven't been out to test yet) is Supertips weights with 11-grams in the heel, 6-grams in the middle, and 7-grams in the tip. I have 14.8mm primary rollers installed. I am running a Dalton Red primary spring and have an STM roller secondary with 46/40 helix and Arctic Cat Green spring. There are only 5 positions for spring wrap and they are all on the cover. I do not know what the wrap is in relation to a stock secondary but there are 5 positions in the cover and I have the spring set to the 2nd to least amount of wrap.

Primary weights have a total weight of 78 grams now. On my last trip out, they were at 73 grams total and I was hitting the rev limiter pretty easily and the dash recall showed a peak of 9350. I want to get it under 9000... preferrably about 8800.

I have the hurricane 190 kit and am Running 9100-9200 top rpm - I have 14 grams in the heel and 0 grams in the mid and 0 grams in the tip running the hurricane clutch kit - 21/41 gearing on a 1.5 inch track. Pulls 100 mph in any condition and on hard pack I've seen 108 on the speedo never gps'd it.

Rev limiter is 9350
My set up is the same now 2 tungsten in heel except I added 1 washer 1 o-ring 1-screw. Same results 107 mph gps. Going to have Hurricane machine my clutches at end of season.

Last edited:

Back