• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Hurricane 240 Flash

DeBo

Pro
Country
USA
Snowmobile
Sidewinder
I recently messaged them on this and awaiting a response. I looked back at other posted threads and cannot seem to find the answer.

My understanding is the 225 Flash will run stock everything. Will the 240 Flash run stock clutching with the stock muffler as advertised? If not then the Bundle/Cluster is 225/240/270 will require clutch work then, but be a better bargain. I only care for the 240 and hope stock clutching is enough.

It comes down to best deal. I cannot alter the muffler in NH so that limits me. Now the rest is just in the above questions for me to decide on.

240 will require some clutch work.

You have the 240 right? Did you do the bundle?

Bundle and cluster pack?

225 should run on stock clutching.

240 may run on stock clutching with an XS825 belt, but I have no way of knowing without trying it.

I'm in the same boat as you DeBo. I want just one tune, and I can't decide which one.

Last edited:
Yea the three combo is a great deal. Just needs clutching with stock muffler I guess

What is the communicator?

I've put ecotrail in a few Winders, which is 230ish. I've removed the inner rivet and installed bolt and nut with lots of Loctite.
This adds almost three grams. This works decent and is low cost.
Another though here is that just switching to the XS belt may work by itself, as, according to others this belt removes 300 rpm's or so.

225 should run on stock clutching.

240 may run on stock clutching with an XS825 belt, but I have no way of knowing with trying it.

I'm in the same boat as you DeBo. I want just one tune, and I can't decide which one.
PM me and I'll give you my # to call me I'll give you all the info you need to make your decision and will find a dealer closest to you!

Marc

The communicator(flasher) is the tool required to flash the ecu. If also give you the ability to data log, clear codes, add antilag and to flash other sleds or upgrade your own FLASHES without having to go to a dealer or sending out your ecu

The 240 flash is the way to go if you are looking at a single flash!! It will run flawlessly on 87 octane if needed. The 270 is also a great tune if you run 91 100% of the time but it is recommended to add a Bov and a 3bar to maximize the tunes efficiency

Debo,like some said,just give the xs825 belt a try,and you may still be able to run the 240 tune or td lower tune,and stay w/stock muffler.

Debo,like some said,just give the xs825 belt a try,and you may still be able to run the 240 tune or td lower tune,and stay w/stock muffler.
Imo better to purchase dalton adjustable weights with hurricane 240 hp! Hurricane want the max rpm at 8800 and the 240 tune is actually rated higher! You will not get the rpm low enough with the ultimax and stock weights!!! I have tried this!!
Maybe you have boost leak..

75-76grams work well and has been spot on imo

Last edited:

Back