• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Hurricane 270-400 kit

ClutchMaster

HUGE Member
Country
USA
Snowmobile
2015 Viper 270 hurricane,
2002 Viper W/162 A.C. skid, SRX pipes &CDI, 780 BB
How many of you guys are running this kit?

4kops how does the kit work on 270 compared to the 240? Have you trail ridden both? I went with the 240 for instant spool up corner to corner, does the kit have a lot of lag at 270? I mostly trail ride but do go to the odd race.

240 has instant response there is a slit lag to the 270 I think all around the 240 would be the choice I am also going to get a 190 kit just to compare them all that will go on my sons sled.

240 has instant response there is a slit lag to the 270 I think all around the 240 would be the choice I am also going to get a 190 kit just to compare them all that will go on my sons sled.

did you win the power ball?

my 240 kit is on a 15 xtx le and the 270 is on a 14 ltx le and the 190 will be on a 15 ltx le dave makes a great kit with industry leading support you get beat it.

Well I ended up getting the 270-400 kit and what a nightmare! Dave screwed up and cost me over half my season with a sled that would'nt run. Quality of the kit is garbage, pinched hoses inside box going to MAP sensor (very bad), poor instructions, horrible wiring harness that looks like a high school kids stereo installation. In order to fit the hood over the intercooler you have to hack ALOT of plastic! The elbow for the air intake pinches halfway closed when you install the side cover. Overall hack job turbo kit.
Your issues were discussed in detail here:
http://ty4stroke.com/threads/hurricane-turbo-review.132213/
This is enough. Rest of posts will be deleted. In future just direct people to your original post and leave it be. Thank You.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hmmmm. I have seen a lot of reviews of Hurricanes kits and this is the first bad one I have read. Any details? Who installed it? Is it right now?

I couldn't disagree more. I have dealt with Dave many times over the past few years. His customer service is excellent and is always helpful even when you just want to pick his brain over setups. I found his kits to be very high quality and have received many compliments on the workman ship. I will continue to deal with him in the future and Hurricane Performance is one of the first places I recommend when guys are looking to upgrade their 4 strokes.

I couldn't disagree more. I have dealt with Dave many times over the past few years. His customer service is excellent and is always helpful even when you just want to pick his brain over setups. I found his kits to be very high quality and have received many compliments on the workman ship. I will continue to deal with him in the future and Hurricane Performance is one of the first places I recommend when guys are looking to upgrade their 4 strokes.
I have had the same experience

Well, my kit is nothing like you describe but I had Dave install it himself. All the wiring looks factory and the auxiliary injector rail on the intercooler looks great. Not to mention the kit works awesome!

Wow, with all your knowledge I'm surprised you didn't just develop your own far superior turbo kit.
Clearly you're not happy. Going from my own experience, along with a multitude of other people's, Dave puts out a great product. Any minor issues I have had along the way were dealt with promptly and without question by Dave.
I am not about to get in a pissing match with you over this. I have a sneaking suspicion who would have the last word. I hope, for everyone's sake, that you can find a company that meets your standards. Take care.

Back