• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

hurricane bundle

blevis213

Lifetime Member
Country
USA
Snowmobile
2014 apex se
2001 srx 700
2000 srx 700
2021 sidewinder srx
I had the bundle added to my sled and got the clutch set up from thunder using heavy hitters with orange primary. Once the bov arrives and I add that on is there anything else needed to run the 270 tune. I've ran the 240 already using 8jp belt. I also ordered the xs825 belt. Might try that first on the 270 before i add the extra weight that thunder suggests to see where the rpms are at. I do have thunder orange at 40 in the secondary as of now with 33-35 helix. Also have dalton v2b/o if needed but haven't tried yet.

Hurricane reccomended a 3 bar map sensor with my SM bundle when I got it.

Yes should of said already have 4 bar map sensor thanks.

Super spool bundle?

I’ve had great success with a progressive angle helix as opposed to a reverse angle helix. Dalton b/o v2 spring and Dalton weights. Really pulls hard. The ss tunes really spool quickly and don’t seem to need that reverse angle helix.

If I were to go to dalton weights which one to get for 240-270 tune using xs825 belt. Also what helix.

Just realized Dave emailed be back. He suggested dyta-1.

I have that bundle and would go with the dyta 70 weights, I had to grind 2.5gr off the dyta1 weights to run the 240 tune then just add 2.5 to 3gr back for the 270 tune with the xs825 belt. Should be right about 72-72.5gr on the dalton's for 240 on that belt, I also run the 41/35 helix

I’m not sure what I’m doing different but I’m able to use dtya-2’s on 270ss.

I’ve had great success with a progressive angle helix as opposed to a reverse angle helix. Dalton b/o v2 spring and Dalton weights. Really pulls hard. The ss tunes really spool quickly and don’t seem to need that reverse angle helix.
I would like to know if a reverse angle helix helps with spooling turbo even quicker,why are they a bad thing with the quicker spooling tunes? I run one and everyone I let take sled for a ride says it’s the snappiest 4 stroke sled they have ever ridden. As close to a two stroke for throttle response as I can make it. Now if somebody tells me the progressive helix will make it even better throttle response wise, then my sled will be 2 stroke-esque!!!!!!

Back