• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Hurricane clutch weights help

DeBo

Pro
Country
USA
Snowmobile
Sidewinder
Hello looking for some advice. Got the Dalton dtya 70 clutch setup. Tune is 225/240ss/270ss. See it comes with 4 set screws for each weight. Very confused to what I'm supposed to use. Thanks

What tune are you going to run? Clutch weight is dependent on a bunch of parameters like HP being used, front spring, roller diameter, helix, secondary spring, secondary roller brand being used, the belt also has a huge effect on weight.

No way to tell you what to use unless we know some of the parameters you are working with, and you will still need to fine tune the weight for each machine because each one has a different attitude.

I got the answer from Dave. Thank you. However my belt is not sitting right and it only has 800 miles

dont worry about where it sits. worry about alignment and tension. These Yamaha secondary's dont ride the belt up high like Cats do.

thats good to know. I never noticed it until today. I thought something was wrong

Back