• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Hurricane Flash Issue

DeBo

Pro
Country
USA
Snowmobile
Sidewinder
Well folks I'm finally annoyed. Two weeks ago I came to my place 4 hours away to flash my sled with the 225/240/270 tune. I spent the weekend working on that, clutching, 22t gear, etc. After some trouble shooting I got the flash going. I ran the tunes and was in love. When I say ran it was on my road as there was no snow for the trails. I parked it and went home with 1 mile logged. I park the sled in a heated garage that stays at 45 degrees when not there.

I just go up here today to finally hit the trails. I noticed I was not able to get on the app. It was flashing red. I called and Dave had me unplug and plug back in. It worked. Road it on the road real quick then went back to put my snowmobile gear on. Couldn't get back on the app to go back and forth with the tunes. There was no lights.

I spoke to Dave again and we tried a few things with no luck. He thought maybe water got in, but not possible. I reset everything and even updated the firmwire and installed. The sled key is on and even turned the sled on. Nothing. Not even 1.5 miles on this new setup and here I 'am. I know they will make it right, but I'm desperate.

Any last tips? I now I can ride on whatever the default tune is. Which that I don't even know truthfully what its at. I do not have the cluster. Just straight bluetooth.

Thanks

Ok let's back up. When you say you couldn't get on the app. Are you saying the gap app wouldn't open or you couldn't get the communicator to connect to your phone? Or if you have an iPad set up. Be more specific. I have had many different issues in the past that is usually something very simple to fix.

And by the way. You can ride no problems with the bundle flashed as the sled will run on the default tune which would be whichever tune you picked as the default tune.

Couldn't get the communicator to connect to my phone. No color flashing. I have it setup to an android s10.

No idea what I picked but riding is more important now.

Ok, so have you tried to uninstall the app on the phone and reinstall? Restarted the phone? Unplug the flasher and plug it back in?

I know this sounds stupid, but I have to ask..... Is bluetooth turned on, on your phone?

It's obviously a connectivity issue so as long as the communicator has power and your phone has bluetooth there shouldn't be an issue

Yes, yes, yes. It lights up on my laptop when doing it the update and what not to try fixing it. Soon as its plugged into the sled no go and it worked a few minutes before that. It has power to it as I checked with a test light to confirm.

Ok so power to the laptop will only load the tunes on the communicator. We need connectivity to the sled. You say you only had bluetooth. Does this mean you can see the communicator on your phone? But not on the dash?

When you plugged the communicator into the laptop which version software did you have?

Plug in the flasher on the sled, turn on the key and then connect to the flasher, what does it say?

Also have you gone thru the login process at all?

Flasher updater 5.2. V4.00.00 B1210

Ok so if you open the GAP app on the phone you should be able to choose your tune. If you have the jukebox tune bundle you should be able to swipe from one page to another to pick your flash. Now if this is not available go into ECU flashes in settings and you will see the available tunes you can flash to the sled.

Back