• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Hurricane knock light bulletin

yamamarc

TY 4 Stroke God
Country
Canada
Snowmobile
2019 zr9000 Ltd
Thanks yamahmarc for the info.
Not a bad job with a 5" long ball Allen socket and foot long extension. Getting the clamp assembled on the bottom side of the boot then spinning it around worked great for the center and clutch side clamps.
Ty
I did it without spinning the clamp then Rob (no1b4me) contacted me for info. He found a easier way!!
All credit goes to him !! ...lol
That guy is a very smart fella!!

Last edited:

hman4

Extreme
Country
USA
Snowmobile
2010 Apex, 2002srx, 2000 srx
Any magicians here in Southern MI. want to take this on? got the 3 bottom ones done but I can't even see the top ones. You guys are good that got it done.!

yamamarc

TY 4 Stroke God
Country
Canada
Snowmobile
2019 zr9000 Ltd
Any magicians here in Southern MI. want to take this on? got the 3 bottom ones done but I can't even see the top ones. You guys are good that got it done.!
I know a guy in Michigan pm me

Look at the link I posted . A member here has a good.write up and good trix to get to them(spin the clamp to the bottom)

fatchance

Lifetime Member
Remove the steering post mount and the throttle body comes right off. Piece of cake

hman4

Extreme
Country
USA
Snowmobile
I removed the top clamp on the steering post and the cross tube, that gave me a little more room to get the bottom ones but I can’t even see the center and left side top. I made up some .170 spacers out of some magnetic stainless so I can use a magnet to get those in there but getting that nut on is a trick even when I can see it.

1nc 2000

Lifetime Member Tim
Country
USA
Snowmobile
Yamaha FX Nytro RTX SE
I pulled the valve cover vent hose that goes to the airbox out to the right side. On my sled that hose was laying across the top center and left clamps. It makes it easier to see the top clamps. The center and left clamp put your Allen in from the left side. Go in over the top of the coolant overflow tank. When you slide that his back in make sure it doesn't interfere with the throttle cable.

hman4

Extreme
Country
USA
Snowmobile
Thanks for the pointers, will give them a try.

justinator

Lifetime Member
Country
USA
Snowmobile
2022 LTX SE
2020 XTX SE
I did this job last night. I had never had a knock light and boost testing to 22-23 psi with soapy water showed no leaks at these clamps but I figured sooner or later I would have to tackle it so since I had time I decided to do it last night. It looked intimidating and figured there would be some serious swearing going on. Very easy job to remove the throttle bodies completely. Took a smidge over 2 hrs start to finish and it was my first time removing most of that stuff. Everything on the throttle bodies is a simple plug in minus the 2 coolant lines. I clamped those with pliers so I wouldnt lose much coolant. I also removed the support bar that runs down on the clutch side to make it easier to pull assembly out. The clamps holding the throttle bodies to the engine are all on the bottom and super easy to get too. Once you have them on the bench the rest are all easily accessible. There was zero swearing or frustration at any point, no risk of dropping anything in the belly pan and no special tools required. I highly recommend if anyone is going to tackle this job just remove the throttle bodies completely, remove your spacers on bench and file them down to your desired length and begin reassembly. A very simple straightforward remove and replace type job. I have done far far worse jobs.

hman4

Extreme
Country
USA
Snowmobile
I haven’t been back to work on sled yet so I will try that route. Thanks for the info.

fatchance

Lifetime Member
I did this job last night. I had never had a knock light and boost testing to 22-23 psi with soapy water showed no leaks at these clamps but I figured sooner or later I would have to tackle it so since I had time I decided to do it last night. It looked intimidating and figured there would be some serious swearing going on. Very easy job to remove the throttle bodies completely. Took a smidge over 2 hrs start to finish and it was my first time removing most of that stuff. Everything on the throttle bodies is a simple plug in minus the 2 coolant lines. I clamped those with pliers so I wouldnt lose much coolant. I also removed the support bar that runs down on the clutch side to make it easier to pull assembly out. The clamps holding the throttle bodies to the engine are all on the bottom and super easy to get too. Once you have them on the bench the rest are all easily accessible. There was zero swearing or frustration at any point, no risk of dropping anything in the belly pan and no special tools required. I highly recommend if anyone is going to tackle this job just remove the throttle bodies completely, remove your spacers on bench and file them down to your desired length and begin reassembly. A very simple straightforward remove and replace type job. I have done far far worse jobs.
Did the same thing. I think it's faster than trying to get at those clamps on the tank side.

justinator

Lifetime Member
Country
USA
Snowmobile
2022 LTX SE
2020 XTX SE
Did the same thing. I think it's faster than trying to get at those clamps on the tank side.
Absolutely, no way in hell was I even attempting to do it on sled once I saw how easy throttle bodies came off. Poor visibility at what your working on and couldnt get my hands anywhere.

Turboflash

VIP Member
Country
USA
Snowmobile
'17 ZR9000 Ltd. PEFI Stg 3R
If I ever have to do another one, I'd go this route. I fought through mine but decided after I was done that I should have taken throttle bodies off.
Thanks Justinator.

justinator

Lifetime Member
Country
USA
Snowmobile
2022 LTX SE
2020 XTX SE
If I ever have to do another one, I'd go this route. I fought through mine but decided after I was done that I should have taken throttle bodies off.
Thanks Justinator.
I give you and yamamarc and whoever else did it without removing them some very serious well deserved credit. I looked it over for a while and just could not see myself remaining calm doing it that way, I could of got it done......I always do in the end but I just was blown away with the tight working quarters and the endless places to drop small hardware. I decided I would go all in and as I removed stuff it became very clear how everything came out. Lots of stuff to unplug etc but very easy straight forward job. Big props to you guys for having the patience!

justinator

Lifetime Member
Country
USA
Snowmobile
2022 LTX SE
2020 XTX SE
I haven’t been back to work on sled yet so I will try that route. Thanks for the info.
It wont be bad at all, it looks way worse then it is...........injectors and all those sensors, pressure regulator etc all come off with the throttle body assembly so dont let it intimidate you. Quite a few things to unplug but all the plugs are different so you cant mix them up. Injector plugs are all the same but the wires arent long enough to criss cross them and plug them in wrong. Just make sure throttle bodies are seated good to the engine before tightening but there is a sealing groove on them so you will feel the assembly "pop" into place. Id say good luck but you wont need any. ;)!