• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Hurricane lid mod

hognit09

Expert
Country
USA
Snowmobile
2016 viper ltx le,2016 viper ltx dx
Ordered the hurricane lid yesterday, should be here this week. So how do you get the air box out to replace lid and drill hole in air box? It doesn't look like fun

You have to take the steering post off and lay it to one side. I don't remember if I unhooked the steering rod linkage at the bottom of the steering post or left it attached and just laid it to one side on the oil tank.

You have to take the steering post off and lay it to one side. I don't remember if I unhooked the steering rod linkage at the bottom of the steering post or left it attached and just laid it to one side on the oil tank.

I took off the bottom steering post where the 2 nuts are and turned handle bars all the way to right, do I need to undo the top steering post to? And we're do I disconnect the 3 intake tubes, do the come off with box or do u leave them on and seperate from box, cause the 3 screws look they would be a bitch to get at, thanks

The 3 screws are a pain. I actually just pulled mine right off and it came, the boots are glued into the box so you have to take them off the throttle bodies.. You need a long screwdriver to get at them . I think you will have to take the bolts out of the top post also. Would have replied sooner but I just spent the last 3 hrs clearing snow.

check ulmer racing website……he's got a good set of instructions there on how to remove the air box

I bought a KN kit and it's half installed

Thank you. Must be nice to be clearing snow, raining here

Last night when I went to bed there was barely enough to make a snow cone, this morning it was 3 or 4". It was nice until I was feeling like a good neighbor and did the neighbors driveway for them. Last pass up the sidewalk and bam. 100 ft of extension cord sucked in and wrapped up. Broke off two shear pins , bent the flitting and popped it out of the bearing holder. To top it off , no one was home and there Doberman would not shut up barking. I was ready to fire the wire cutter through the window and down that dam dogs throat. Who in the hell uses a 100 ft cord to plug a car in that is 5 ft away from a plug in and leaves it on the sidewalk where most normal people would walk to their front door. He now has several short pieces of cord. That's what I get for being nice.

I did manage to shoot enough snow to make my snow ramp for loading sleds into trucks.

We're off topic but that was damn funny. I appreciate you sharing that one. We arrived to our cottage outside Collingwood this past Friday to find it buried in snow. There was nearly 2ft everywhere - and i sucked the local paper into the snowblower jamming it real bad. Man I was pissed. Glad I am not the only one these things happen to. lol
MS

I thought my day was bad. My father sucked up a rope, got that cleared , 5 minutes later sucked in piece of carpet or floor mat and then the last of it he ran through 2 bags of potting soil. 6 shear pins later he finally had the guys driveway cleared. Charged him double for all the trouble.

Mean while over in Hazard County. lol. Did you get the air box out and the hole drilled.

No, still waiting for lid to arrive, and it's deer hunting here right know

Good luck with the hunting. This has been my second year in 21yrs of hunting that I decided not to hunt whitetail . We had some heavy losses the last couple of years and it's just a waste of gas and money right now. Last year the only deer I seen was smaller then a german shepherd. They finally made the season a week shorter to try and help the population but it's going to take more then that for them to recover quickly.

Last edited:
It's a bitch but with a little pressure, finesse and patience you can leave all in place and wiggle it out with a little force it will come out the top. Was going to do same so took it out and then put it back in. Will mod it later when I have time to develope my own intake. I want in try and build a forced air intake that is sealed to hood vent with prefilter screen etc. Maybe next year?

The 3 screws are a pain. I actually just pulled mine right off and it came, the boots are glued into the box so you have to take them off the throttle bodies.. You need a long screwdriver to get at them . I think you will have to take the bolts out of the top post also. Would have replied sooner but I just spent the last 3 hrs clearing snow.

That's a good problem to have! Our snow is melting and we need more!

Back