• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Hurricane tune?

Carpet Guy

Extreme
Country
USA
Snowmobile
Yamaha sidewinder
Just installed the 240-270 stock muffler flash with the dalton clutch weights but I would like to come out of the hole quicker any thoughtsand is a map sensor neccessary

Last edited:

Just installed the 240-270 stock muffler flash with the dalton clutch weights but I would like to come out of the hole quicker any thoughts
Are we talking trail sled for corner to corner I assume?

What are your top RPMS on the 270map?

Do you have Daltons weights? You may want to remove some weight, to rev this map higher.

Dan

Do you have Daltons weights? You may want to remove some weight, to rev this map higher.

Dan
Well I am supposed to be around 8800 but since I just did the tune I have not yet had a chance to top it off with the snow melt

Let's back up one step.
The following questions need to be answered before anybody can help.

1. track length?
2. studs?
3. trail set up?
4. what other clutching components have been installed?
5. what year is this Winder so we know what stock components are in there
6. do you mean "out of the hole" like drag racing from a stop or like Danno is asking about corner to corner snap?

BTW: WELCOME Josh!

Stock
Let's back up one step.
137 track 144 studs stock muffler tune and 2018 rtx and dalton clutch weights and trail riding 90% but like to drag a little against friends
1. track length?
2. studs?
3. trail set up?
6. do you mean "out of the hole" like drag racing from a stop or like Danno is asking about corner to corner snap?

Let's back up one step.

1. track length?
2. studs?
3. trail set up?

2018 137rtx with 144 studs stock muffler tune with dalton clutch weights and 90% of trail riding but like to drag buddy's with different types of tunes

Well I am supposed to be around 8800 but since I just did the tune I have not yet had a chance to top it off with the snow melt
Before you make any changes you have to at least ride it with the new flash more than just around the yard.

Just installed the 240-270 stock muffler flash with the dalton clutch weights but I would like to come out of the hole quicker any thoughtsand is a map sensor neccessary

Do you have Daltons weights?
You may want to remove some weight, to rev this map higher.

Dan

You cannot just expect the sled to be setup right automatically. I spent several days setting up my clutches after I flashed her. I tested several different RPMs for MY STYLE RIDING. I ended up a fair but different then most told me to be at.

When you run a jukebox setup of more then one MAP, you need to make some decisions. First being which map do you expect to run mostly. I run my 270 map 99% of the time, so I set things up for that primarily.

I found that for instant snap, corner to corner(which it seems like you are looking for) the best setup is revving the 270 map higher then most will tell you. This allows the 240 map to be still quite useful.

So you need to go out, put in some good fuel so you do not get any knock lite within 1000ft at least. Need a road or lake preferably with space. I'll assume you dont have data logging, so you need to watch the tach running WOT and see where she is revving on top. Lighten up your weights, to make sled rev 9 to 9100 on 270 map. This should have the 240 map revving around 8600-8700 on top then. This will make the 270 map a complete animal corner to corner with snap that will hit hard. If you rev the 270 map at 8800 only, the 240 map becomes pointless to use, and at 8800 the 270 map will not have the corner to corner snap down at very bottom.

If you still dont have snap...then it may be you need a CAI. And if still you feel its not there, then you may need a performance muffler and corresponding tunes.

Dan

Josh, i believe FLEECER helped WINTERWOLF with your same set up.
I'll see if they will chime in.
That will get you close.

Back