• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Hurricane Tune

DeBo

Pro
Country
USA
Snowmobile
Sidewinder
Ok so here are my thoughts. I finally got a chance to ride it after all together.

First off I'm glad I went to the 22/41 setup from stock. This thing pulls hard and I would have maxed out quickly on any long runs. I know my corner to corner is effected, but doesn't seem like a whole lot from stock.

The 225 Tune is nice, but didn't wow me. To be honest it didn't feel like a big bump or difference even with the clutching. I would have been disappointed if that's all I did.

The 240ss is really when I noticed it. It was smooth, but it felt light. I was like what is this 270 going to be.

The 270ss Holy #*$&@. First time in 15 years on the small straight away by my place I had to let off. The area is small with some gradual dips, but long. Just felt like I needed more room all around.

Overall, very happy and they all are great for trails. I was worried the 270 would be to much, the smoothness of the acceleration and the comfort of just how it rides at cruising there is no reason you cannot. I totally understand though this is not for a newbie.

This was not a bashing at all. The 240 is amazing as well and probably more so if clutched just to that and no other tune. I would be more than happy with that Tune. It left me wondering what was going to happen at 270 after that was a big difference already

pretty remarkable what the tuners can do.........you can sunday drive all day with your child and 15 minutes later be throwing a good pair of underwear in the trash. Big props to what they do, wasnt long ago I never imagined you can have sleds pushing 300hp and not be full out race sleds.

Ok so here are my thoughts. I finally got a chance to ride it after all together.

First off I'm glad I went to the 22/41 setup from stock. This thing pulls hard and I would have maxed out quickly on any long runs. I know my corner to corner is effected, but doesn't seem like a whole lot from stock.

The 225 Tune is nice, but didn't wow me. To be honest it didn't feel like a big bump or difference even with the clutching. I would have been disappointed if that's all I did.

The 240ss is really when I noticed it. It was smooth, but it felt light. I was like what is this 270 going to be.

The 270ss Holy #*$&@. First time in 15 years on the small straight away by my place I had to let off. The area is small with some gradual dips, but long. Just felt like I needed more room all around.

Overall, very happy and they all are great for trails. I was worried the 270 would be to much, the smoothness of the acceleration and the comfort of just how it rides at cruising there is no reason you cannot. I totally understand though this is not for a newbie.

Mild to wild eh!!!:D
Glad you like it !!!

I cannot imagine that gearing. It must be absolutely insane in the corners.

Finally feeling all this talk and hype with my setup is WOW enough for me. You guys like Marc running the 300 and all the extras must be something special. Maybe someday, but right now I cannot wait to hit the trails with more snow on them and make that person shoulders drop on the lake this year lol.

Insane to say the least lol..

I seen your other post about the primary weights, did you get your rpm’s on target?

Don't know yet. Will have to figure that out with more snow. Trails are junk right now. I did get the data logging

Easy to have clutching on for 240 and 270 with dalton's, only takes a few minutes to add or subtract 3 set screws

I did notice that. Super easy for sure

Don't know yet. Will have to figure that out with more snow. Trails are junk right now. I did get the data logging
You should be close if not spot on if you have 8jp belt and no boost leak!!
With data logging it will be easy just record a few runs and adjust accordingly .
Just remember 1/4" grub screws = around 200rpm
Add 1/4" rpm will drop around 200
Remove 1/4" rpm will raise 200

I made sure the bov was tight and no holes in the stock tubes. I didn't like how the top of the valve where the smaller hose goes in is loose and doesn't tighten. Feels wrong.

I made sure the bov was tight and no holes in the stock tubes. I didn't like how the top of the valve where the smaller hose goes in is loose and doesn't tighten. Feels wrong.
Cut 1 inch off the end is stretched

Easy to have clutching on for 240 and 270 with dalton's, only takes a few minutes to add or subtract 3 set screws
Rather than changing the weights , could you clutch for the 240 with a stock belt and then use the XS belt at 270 , and be close or righton for rpms for both ?

Back