• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Hurricane

DeBo

Pro
Country
USA
Snowmobile
Sidewinder
Last year I got the 225ss, 240ss and 270ss flash from Hurricane. I kept the exhaust stock. I did the Dalton clutch kit recommended.

After install I was able to use it. Unfortunately the results were not good. I lost to the old mach z and a few f7. My first thought was a boost leak or even track issue.

I checked the track all good. Unfortunately season finished and life happened and I never checked the leak.

I recently brought it to Team Woody in Maine. The checked it and found zero leaks.

They states the Dalton and the setup has been an issue. I have never read that.

They modified the stock weights but I do not know what the change was. I think they said 1.25 but that seems high. They changed the spring to yellow. Cut primary and secondary and installed a straight 39 helix.

Thoughts?

They also mentioned coil binding is an issue.

What are u seeing for boost on the cluster WOT ? And RPM ?

I have the Bluetooth app and not the cluster setup. So not sure. I didn't run it as much as I would have liked and then the season ended.

So I cannot answer that accurately. I know they pressurized the system and found nothing on the leak side.

Cluster still shows boost and RPM. Are you trying to run performance muffler tunes through a stock muffler ?

Also if they didn't find a leak they didn't look close enough or spray down with soap and water . Almost all 998s leak some where and need attention, may not be leaking enough to cause issues but yo7 can usually find a leak and most don't check the exhaust side.

What brand straight 38 helix? What kind of dealer are they? Do they know their #*$&@? And why not just run it and see what it does. You might be pleasantly surprised. Kinda hard to judge what they did until you run it and see?

No it was specifically for stock exhaust. I did bring that up when I called Hurricane last season.

I know I had it in my head it was a leak. I would spray soapy water myself. I have no idea what they do. They say they do not find many leaks. Idk

I dont know the brand and will be doing nothing until I do run it lol. I'm trying educate myself and have been taught it may not work right. So yea ill be happy if it does

This dealer “cut” the clutches. You mean like machined them? If they did that I would give that set up a chance. Not to many dealers machine clutches. But the ones that do usually are into set ups and performance. Just my opinion.

Yea the have trophies all over. They mainly run td performance. They machine in house and the guy said many don't. I'm making notes just incase. They said with this setup 125 should be no problem. I did go up a gear last year but they said that won't matter with there kit

Last year I got the 225ss, 240ss and 270ss flash from Hurricane. I kept the exhaust stock. I did the Dalton clutch kit recommended.

After install I was able to use it. Unfortunately the results were not good. I lost to the old mach z and a few f7. My first thought was a boost leak or even track issue.

I checked the track all good. Unfortunately season finished and life happened and I never checked the leak.

I recently brought it to Team Woody in Maine. The checked it and found zero leaks.

They states the Dalton and the setup has been an issue. I have never read that.

They modified the stock weights but I do not know what the change was. I think they said 1.25 but that seems high. They changed the spring to yellow. Cut primary and secondary and installed a straight 39 helix.

Thoughts?

You've got leaks or other issues guaranteed. Its absolutely, positively not the Dalton clutching.

I bet its loaded with leaks. How many miles on the sled and what year?

Back