• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

FAQ: Hyfax Wear...WHY!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Excellent.

New sleds, More - HP, wt, travel and more miles per year..........Hmmm maybe there is something to this.

Yamadoo

I remember this article a while back in a magazine. I believe it was conducted with Yamaha designers trying to defend their product's historically poor slider wear.

It didn't convince me.

IMO, there is one reason (that is different from other OEMs) and that it is due to their steep attack angle design in the suspension which creates extra heat and premature failure and wear in the sliders.

I don't buy this! The other mfgr's too have increased weight, track height and bla, bla, bla ...

Seems the other mfgr's slides are withstanding the same torture test and are holding up much, much better than Yamaha's.

Common Yamaha ... stop trying to feed us a load ... fix the issue ... make a near perfect sled what it should be ... perfect!

Oh yeah, and while you're at it, have a good look at those skis as well.

Thank you for listening.

Attachments

• Clutch Setup Sheet.doc
    25.5 KB · Views: 511
Like OST, I'm not sold.

I do accept some of the responsibility myself, as I bought a Nytro MTX and used it more as a crossover sled. However, I have buddies with the short track Nytro's that shouldn't have gone through the sliders they did.

I put a ski doo SC10 III skid on my 03 RX1 4500 miles ago, the sliders still look like new............. No joke. The old proaction skid would need new sliders every 1500 to 2000 miles... same sled, same track.

hyfax wear

I agree i have been riding polaris for years before I bought my 2009 apex ltx gt and no slider problems I have 2005 fusion with 7600 miles on original hyfax[/b]

Daverx1 is right , I too have friend that put a ski-doo skid in a RX-1ton,he rode for 2 full seasons on the USED sliders that came with the Doo skid,this guy rides tons of hard and fast miles too,my new Apex went through 3 sets in 3500 miles last winter,it's the Yamaha design and nothing else!!!

So whats the problem with Yamaha's design?
What majic tricks are the other manufaturers doing to make theirs last longer?
Tracks with track clips, plastic slides, round rubber wheels, whats different about the others designs that make them last longer?

Im not sure how the aproach angle affects the slides wearing out, except maybe at the very front of the rails?

Bogie size and placement? sure

Snow conditions? deffinetly

Im not claiming I have the answer, but Im not saying Im having a problem either. I only have 850 on my XTX, but about 500 of them were very sketchy miles and my slides still look pretty good.
I never felt that my SRX was all that bad on slides, and I know my Viper with the Cat skid doesnt do any better!

Wheel size is the answer.... More wheel contact and less on the slide wear... but on the other hand, break in is so crucial as well as changing them to early. Running a XTX with 2300 miles on original set.

it's a little more complicated than that,there are a lot of other variables like rail pressure at different deflection angles,..mix in different coupling and weight transfer settings,track tension,ride height/approach angle and what most don't know...how critical a snow flap design is,it helps keep snow circulating in the tunnel for engine cooling and slide lube and cooling,I know of many engines blown because of a missing flap or even the flap caught up in the track after reversing into it

MrSled said:
Wheel size is the answer.... More wheel contact and less on the slide wear... but on the other hand, break in is so crucial as well as changing them to early. Running a XTX with 2300 miles on original set.

the XTX in the nytro is a totally diff. design than the mono I'm refering to,sounds like it's much better than the mono for slide wear

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back