• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

HyGear rear coil over shock for Apex & Vectors 2016-2018

If you take a look at one of my previous posts, you can see that I originally mounted my bogey Wheels 7 and 5/8 of an inch back from the limiter strap cross shaft and this was too close and the relay Rod nut was also hitting my bogey Wheels. My solution instead of drilling another hole was to use a smaller diameter set of anti-stab wheels and mounts,and install them in the previously drilled location. This provided more than enough clearance and nothing comes close to hitting now. I personally find this to probably be a better solution than moving the larger diameter Wheels farther forward yet. One of the highest points of wear is right at the highfax below the lower relay rod mounts. If you can keep the wheels closer to that location I feel you will have better High fax wear. If you have any other questions that you think I may be of help on, please feel free to reach out.
What parts & part no's did you use to mount an extra set of wheels to the outside of track to the lower shock mount shaft. These are the wheels in front of the stock ones

What parts & part no's did you use to mount an extra set of wheels to the outside of track to the lower shock mount shaft. These are the wheels in front of the stock ones
So in the one picture looking between The Idler Wheels you can see where the factory idler was mounted by a witness mark on the rail. That wheel was moved from that location and back towards the rear and bolted on basically directly below the front swing arm mount. To mount it in that location I had a friend mill the thickness of the front swing arm rail mount off of the idler mount so that I could bolt it over the top of the front swing arm mount on the rail and have it fit correctly. Then to put the forward idler on that is directly bolted in the location of the lower shock pivot cross shaft, I used another set of factory Yamaha idler mounts. I honestly believe they're the ones that came with the high gear kit to relocate the inside idlers. All I did was use a longer bolt in the center of the Idler wheel that was long enough to go through the mount and all the way into the cross shaft for the lower shock mount.

Attachments

• 20231216_130038.jpg
    20231216_130038.jpg
    131.9 KB · Views: 20
  • 20231216_130106.jpg
    20231216_130106.jpg
    111.1 KB · Views: 19
  • 20231216_130123.jpg
    20231216_130123.jpg
    118.7 KB · Views: 22
So in the one picture looking between The Idler Wheels you can see where the factory idler was mounted by a witness mark on the rail. That wheel was moved from that location and back towards the rear and bolted on basically directly below the front swing arm mount. To mount it in that location I had a friend mill the thickness of the front swing arm rail mount off of the idler mount so that I could bolt it over the top of the front swing arm mount on the rail and have it fit correctly. Then to put the forward idler on that is directly bolted in the location of the lower shock pivot cross shaft, I used another set of factory Yamaha idler mounts. I honestly believe they're the ones that came with the high gear kit to relocate the inside idlers. All I did was use a longer bolt in the center of the Idler wheel that was long enough to go through the mount and all the way into the cross shaft for the lower shock mount.
Thanks again for helping me understand the procedure. This site is great. Do you happen to remember the length & thread design of the new bolt you used to mount the outside wheel to the lower shock shaft.

Rich

Back