• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

I am considering updating my snowmobile

Status
Not open for further replies.
It’s not the ice ripper studs it’s the track spin that damages cement that’s why you use eco mode.

Thanks ...yes indeed
I am fortunate to be riding......will this ice riper track mess up my garage floor.....Have to decide shortly or i will lose the 4 year warrante
i am not positive this is a big thing on this sled
I appreciate all of your responses....I can trade mine in and pay $6806 for the enduro 900ace $7050 for enduro 600e-tec $9600 for viper ltxdx
You can see quite a difference
My Viper lyx-dx with 3500 miles on it
they are giving me $4,500 seems a bit low .....but ......i do not have to worry about selling
Any opinions on its value?
Could wait until fall and see if i could sell......would probably not have 4 years of warrantee but could by new ones at same price
Thanks to all who have responded

So my question is, what are you gaining for the extra investment? And can that gain, be it shocks, seat or windshield, just be added to your current sled for much less? 3500 miles is just broke in.

The enduro may be a good choice. With its air ride suspension and all the other features standard on that model it sounds like a nice machine, plus the fit, finish, and overall quality sounds to be the ticket. But like said above at least sit on one and verify the seating position is comfortable for your self. If not I believe it's not a huge deal to fix with a little foam.

I will throw in my 2 cents, my experience with the Viper is limited. (I did have a new Cat ProCross for a couple weeks /2,000 miles) with 1100 engine, just wasn't enthused with that sled. However, I have owned three ACE 900's in which I put a total of about 34,000 miles on them. Yes, 34,000 miles.
They have been rock solid sleds, always started no matter how cold, never broke down, never lost a day of vacation due to a problem. They are smooth, extremely quiet and get crazy good gas mileage. Never replaced or rebuilt a shock. Never a relay problem, Replaced a couple O rings in the clutches and a couple clutch springs, not from failure, just a little rpm sag. I replaced one bearing in one of the sleds at 11,000 miles for fear of having a problem, but the old bearing looked fine when taken out. All other bearings on all the sleds never failed. Highest mileage was my '16 at 16,000 miles. I get good money on trades from my dealer despite the high miles and he has no problem selling them with the high miles. My latest is the 2019 Renegade 900, I absolutely love the Gen 4 chassis and new comfort seat. The '19 has a good increase in power, quite a bit more oomph than previous ones. The '19 with the Pilot 5.7 skis and outside carbides and '19 front geometry seem to have finally eliminated the SkiDoo darting problem. I can only recall two SkiDoo recalls, both I believe were on the 2014, one for an updated driven spring, and an ECU recalibration update that came out in the fall of '13 before I picked up the new sled. I do not work on my sleds, just drop off at the dealer each spring for oil & filter, check clutches, adjust chain and change chain oil,and summerise. Clutched 2015 Viper jumps me (2019 ACE) hard for two sled length gain at the start, then we stay even until letting off around 80 mph. I haven't tried the new Viper with the Fox Q shocks, but the older Vipers are night and day worse riding than the R-Motion.I also can't say how long Viper clutches or bearings or shocks last. Maybe someone can chime in on that for a comparison. Like I said, my Viper experience is limited, so maybe someone can chime in on how the Vipers of the last few years do in the longevity department and how they compare to the R-Motion suspension.

mike

Get the Ace900. The Viper really hasnt changed much from what you already have

I will throw in my 2 cents, my experience with the Viper is limited. (I did have a new Cat ProCross for a couple weeks /2,000 miles) with 1100 engine, just wasn't enthused with that sled. However, I have owned three ACE 900's in which I put a total of about 34,000 miles on them. Yes, 34,000 miles.
They have been rock solid sleds, always started no matter how cold, never broke down, never lost a day of vacation due to a problem. They are smooth, extremely quiet and get crazy good gas mileage. Never replaced or rebuilt a shock. Never a relay problem, Replaced a couple O rings in the clutches and a couple clutch springs, not from failure, just a little rpm sag. I replaced one bearing in one of the sleds at 11,000 miles for fear of having a problem, but the old bearing looked fine when taken out. All other bearings on all the sleds never failed. Highest mileage was my '16 at 16,000 miles. I get good money on trades from my dealer despite the high miles and he has no problem selling them with the high miles. My latest is the 2019 Renegade 900, I absolutely love the Gen 4 chassis and new comfort seat. The '19 has a good increase in power, quite a bit more oomph than previous ones. The '19 with the Pilot 5.7 skis and outside carbides and '19 front geometry seem to have finally eliminated the SkiDoo darting problem. I can only recall two SkiDoo recalls, both I believe were on the 2014, one for an updated driven spring, and an ECU recalibration update that came out in the fall of '13 before I picked up the new sled. I do not work on my sleds, just drop off at the dealer each spring for oil & filter, check clutches, adjust chain and change chain oil,and summerise. Clutched 2015 Viper jumps me (2019 ACE) hard for two sled length gain at the start, then we stay even until letting off around 80 mph. I haven't tried the new Viper with the Fox Q shocks, but the older Vipers are night and day worse riding than the R-Motion.I also can't say how long Viper clutches or bearings or shocks last. Maybe someone can chime in on that for a comparison. Like I said, my Viper experience is limited, so maybe someone can chime in on how the Vipers of the last few years do in the longevity department and how they compare to the R-Motion suspension.

mike
What a great response....I believe I am sold on the Renegade ..a bit concerned about the throttle being jumpy....will see what kind 0f deal I can make....you never know till you get a write up and hope pricing has not changed....My biggest problem is I would have to give up my Yamaha jacket for something else

FXR and Klim make great jackets I never buy OEM brand jackets always a better mouse trap coming to market so I buy the technology not the jacket.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back