• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

I dont know if i like it or not!!!

RX-1MAN said:
All I know is I have over 8K on my Apex and this past Wednesday I had the privilege of towing my dad's T660 with 3K for the second time :yam: ;)!

Love it! I've towed the same polaris 3 times for 3 completely different problems..it only has 3k on it..typical XC rider thinks it's still badass.

yamahabandit said:
Hate to say it guys,but only saw 3 sleds towed home this winter and 2 were Yamahas! 1 was a vector and other was a viper. :o| Both were being towed by Cats!

Ouch!

Yeah, if theres one thing Ive learned in 26 years in aviation...if its mechanical, its gonna break sooner or later.

Stuff wears out, usually in cycles...no matter how well built they are.

Some just last longer than others. :yam:

yamahabandit said:
Hate to say it guys,but only saw 3 sleds towed home this winter and 2 were Yamahas! 1 was a vector and other was a viper. :o| Both were being towed by Cats!
The Vector had to be out of gas. :Rockon:

peterdb said:
Guys.....2013 and 2014. 2 'all new' sleds in 2 consecutive years. Mark my words. Go ahead and switch brands......if you dare!

oooohhhh, can't wait to see what 2025 brings. I hear that there is a real bad boy to be released then. Better not jump ship yet. Its coming! LMAO

Hey peterdb, I hope your a better guesser than the weatherman. They cann,t even predict yesterdays weather, lol. What gives you insight into the crystal ball ??

Fairly easy to figure out why 2013 could be a big year for change. 2012 EPA changes (Which will effect 2013 models) will drive big engine changes which will drive new platforms. Yamaha is already 2012 EPA compliant I believe (and selling emission credits to one of the other 3 for 2006 EPA compliance), but its hard to argue 2013 models won't offer something new. I think Cat made an early release of a new platform to get a jump on the competition. Smart move on Cats part given the number of people who are ready to snowcheck a new Cat without reading any ride reviews or demo rides.

Vincenthdfan said:
yamahabandit said:

Ouch!

Yeah, if theres one thing Ive learned in 26 years in aviation...if its mechanical, its gonna break sooner or later.

If it has Tits, Tires or Tracks you're gonna have trouble.

New 'Cats

I've looked at the new 'Cats. New graphics and a spindly front suspension that looks like sh*t. Still won't buy one. I'm a professional Mechanical Engineering professor. I have three former "C" students who work at Arctic Cat.
':home:'
Good kids but not the best engineers...don't tell them I said that.

peterdb said:
Guys.....2013 and 2014. 2 'all new' sleds in 2 consecutive years. Mark my words. Go ahead and switch brands......if you dare!

Cat is hottest, I own one :), but you missing one point. Say that I'm happy on my Apex, Nytro, Vector or whatever and got lots of miles on it. Why change instead of getting an updated.

In my opinion Yamaha is to conservative. News of Yamaha are kind of handlebar heaters and new stickers. But as I see it Yamaha has always been like that in sled industries. If you see the news of the world and the inventions Yamaha has come up with I think Yamaha is the least pro-active player and bet on safety instead.

Yamaha was first with
* L/C cooled engines?
* Power steering
* Power valves on 4-stroke
* Boost bottle original

But other big news I think they mostly been number 4.

* Power valves
* Injection
* Independent front suspension
* A-arms (I dont count Sno Scoot or whatever)
* Slide suspension
* Electric reverse
* and the list goes on

This is not necessary bad and I could be wrong. Yamaha may not be as conservative as I see them.

Ruckus said:
Vincenthdfan said:
yamahabandit said:

Ouch!

If it has Tits, Tires or Tracks you're gonna have trouble.

Very good reply. Yes if it has T-T or T you're gonna have trouble. But what was the other if IT fly, float or f*cks you lease it you dont buy it.

Back