• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

I don't understand...... OPEN YOUR EYES!!!!

2008 Nytro RTX said:
From what my dealer told me and from what someone on here posted about from talking to a yamaha rep during a demo ride was Yamaha was aware of the chain case issue and they designed it different and there should not any issues with it

Maybe some parts...I doubt highly its completely redesigned...and I'm sure there will be alot if the cat parts that one wouldn't want...has anyone seen the gearbox inside?

Its not the gearbox its the gears and chain inside .....so if yamaha puts or makes different gears then it should be good......

09nytro said:
Its not the gearbox its the gears and chain inside .....so if yamaha puts or makes different gears then it should be good......

And that's my point..and if they don't...then what..?

the chaincase in the pics ive seen, all are identical to my turbo cat.

And the horrible design case with self tapping screws(WTF!) that hold it together, rear tabs eventually crack and seep lube.

Us Cat owners know all the issues, and as ive said before, be aware of the issues. Your dealers will all tell you dont worry, just like cat told us they will fix everything..lol

auto adjuster,reverse that barely works and will leave you stranded, all is exact same in the viper pics. I sure hope yammie makes some changes and we cat guys get them!

Im betting other then yammie clutches, all else is PURELY CAT, meaning same as in our procross, alot of FAIL IMO.

Dan

ROCKERDAN said:
the chaincase in the pics ive seen, all are identical to my turbo cat.

And the horrible design case with self tapping screws(WTF!) that hold it together, rear tabs eventually crack and seep lube.

Us Cat owners know all the issues, and as ive said before, be aware of the issues. Your dealers will all tell you dont worry, just like cat told us they will fix everything..lol

auto adjuster,reverse that barely works and will leave you stranded, all is exact same in the viper pics. I sure hope yammie makes some changes and we cat guys get them!

Im betting other then yammie clutches, all else is PURELY CAT, meaning same as in our procross, alot of FAIL IMO.

Dan
Im with you and have seen everything first hand. There are alot of guys that are going to get their eyes opened next year. Most Yammi dealers no next to zero about a procross.....they are going to tell you what you want to hear.

Kinda scares me a bit. I have read a TON, maybe too much.

I'm sledless right now so I will be buying. Really not sure if I want to go the Viper route based on everything I have read about the Pro Cross. I did like the ride but worry about longevity.

I have looked at a 2013 Renegade A with the r-motion and liked it but just is not the Nytro motor. I could put a 1.5 track on easily enough so it would be OK out west in the Spring.

What about the 2013 XTX 1.75? Have not been on one of them yet. How do they handle and steer?

My wife said get what you want....this does happen often. I thought about just not buying this Spring/Fall and going sledless next winter and waiting. If I do, watch, it will snow 10 feet where I live!

Problems....good problems to have but I just do not want to regret my decision. My wife will never say get whatever you want again!

For what its worth, no matter what someone builds, it can be broken by someone. If see posts about problems, youre going to tend to believe that's the way it is with everything. Look at all the issues people have had sith Yamaha stuff over the years, but that doesn't stop the rest of us from either solving the issues ourselves or taking care of our equipment.
You're dealing with Yamaha warranty with this sled anyway, not Cat, so if you've had good luck with that, what's to worry? I've seen guys break things on Apex's and Nytro's that I've never had one issue with?
I've also heard lots of guys say nothing but good things about the Cat chassis. Keep in mind, it has been built to Yamaha's specs, so even if it may look the same, the chain or gears could be made of a better material, or whatever, so until there's tons of them on the trail and you can see if it's the same few whining about problems, why not just take it for what it's worth and find out for yourselves?
I bought all my XTX's knowing there were issues with certain things, and all it did was give me a list of some aftermarket goodies that I got for them anyway! There's very few of us that do or will eave our sleds alone regardless. Even if it was perfect in every way (which I'd like to hear of anything with an engine on this planet that is) I'd still mod it to make it better, that's what we do, right? LOL

Cat nor anybody else has been able to fix the problems they have had the last 2 years. With yammies of the past the issues were mostly handling......cats issues leave you stranded 50 miles from home.

I,m kinda tired of being an R&D tester for all the various brands I,ve owned, which has cost me considerable out of pocket money, and a lot of frustration.
Thanks to the net, if consumers do their homework, finding a reliable brand sled is easier, based on past performance.
I,m glad to see others will jump in to a cross bred sled, and think everything will be reliable, from the get go, based on a salesmans say so.
I,ll be watching the sled forums, and will gladly wait for real world results. Hope they,re great.
Color doesn,t really matter. Reliability does.

The more I see alot of issues with all brands is dealer setup and preparation. Alot of dealers out here really fall down on this. Rush to put it together and leave it outside the back door. No going over the correct setup of suspensions. Dealers can make it or break it. Then you add into this all the bar talk and a product is labelled.

Back