• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

I had a hard time in the deep snow with XTX (pixs)

On my 144 Nytro last year in conditions like that, the mountain skis made a HUGE improvement, even making me feel more then safe when mountain riding, there definitly was no push , but with the weight of the front end and the little skis in that snow, it's gonna wanna sink.

I think you guys are right, it must be the ski cause I coun't get the front end to float...

I test again Sunday as there calling for 12"-20" tonight :jump:

I wouldn't be complaining if I were you, too much snow... ;):D I find it strange that you're having such issues in that little amount of snow with a 144. Last season, my buddy got his FX Nytro stuck (stock 121 Ripsaw track) and I drove it out after we dug down through 4 feet of snow. I came on to the sled like my life depended on it and never looked back :Rockon: never had a problem keeping it moving, but I could really tell the difference in traction compared to mine with the Intense track. Different track with taller lugs will definitely help.

Here's a pic of my sled from the day when I got off mine to ride my buddy's out.

Attachments

• Highlands Dec 9th 2007 007.jpg
    Highlands Dec 9th 2007 007.jpg
    555 KB · Views: 93
damn. too bad i am cleaning the garage sat. hmm wonder what would happen if you tried the set of curve skis i bought for my sled. they are just sitting in the trailer atm.

If your going to ride powder with any 4 stroke you will need wider ski's the stock ski's are adequote engough to float the weight on top of the snow they act as pizza cutters.

I agree with everyone else, get better ski's. I just put a set of powder hounds on.

I also put Yammi's new flotation plate and sport bumper on after looking at last years pics of everyone pushing snow. I hope I get to try it out soon. I'll let you know how it works out.

Look it my avatar that's 5ft of fresh powder with a 136"x2" going up hill the ski's are on top.I have yami mtn ski;s on there.

If you want to be able to ride more of trail I´d go with what everyone else is saying. Get a set of skis. Id go for the SLP Powder Pro, thats what im going to put on my RTX. Or the stock mountainskis... I can not understand why Yamaha put a trailtrack on a "new form of crossover" sled...??? That just isnt right. Id go with a 1,75" track for that sled.

Having said that we might have different trails etc here in Sweden and almost no one runs studs so we are more used to taller lug tracks. There´s really not many disadvantages with higher lugs. Maybe a few miles/h in speed and some hifax wear but if you ride alot of trail hifax shouldnt be a problem...

I put Yamaha mountain skis on my 121 05 rx-1 and it has no problems I believe it has a rip saw 1 inch track on it. Sleds are getting heavier upfront especially yamaha's you need the wider ski to keep your front end up. You are plowing through not gliding on top as you should be. Change the skis and problem solved dont have to be Yamaha just wider.

Back