• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

I LOVE!!!! my Pro Line clutch kit.

Four Stroker

Extreme
The difference is huge throttle response is amazing a real arm puller this is the way it should have been done from the factory in the first place. Hats off to John at Pro Line for producing such wonderful results. My buddy who rides a MXZx 600sdi could not believe how big the difference was and he has spent several miles on my sled as we have been testing skis since the begining of the season. One thing I should say is that I also changed to a 23 gear from a 24 as John did his testing on an Attack and I wanted the same set-up he had fine tuned his kit for, that said I really dont know how big a difference it actually made. This kit is all about trail riding as the huge gains are in the bottom and mid and from what I could tell in the 500km we rode no difference in top end. The snow was wet and heavy close to 10"-12" of fresh stuff over the coarse of the weekend. The back shift on this thing is wickedly good now, and pulls corner to corner like nothing I have every riden before {last sled was old style MachZ and other Mach's before that}, I now have the instant throttle response required to lift the front for jumping the sled off crests of hills and keeping the nose unweighted while powering through the bumps. The spring is set at 9-2 and I am running no weight, when I spoke to John last week he told me I may or may not need to add weight as each machine is different. The clutch engages at 4800rpm and is very smooth no jerkyness at all and the tach swings fast to 10800ish and I mean fast, on long hard packed sections the tach climbed to 11000rpm but not a lick higher. This kit is smooth with no driveline thrash or jerking when going from on throttle to off, from what I can tell in the first 500km there is not a single trade off to this mod only huge gains and a sore face from all the smiling and laughing ever time I nail the throttle. Just a side note as far as fuel economy goes it was actually better when compared to the my riding buddys this weekend, int past the MXZ need 5-10 liters less fuel then the Apex while the 600 Sabercat EFI would be the same as me. This weekend how ever I was +or- 1 liter with the MXZ and the Sabercat needed 6-8 liters more. Next weekend I will ckeck the distance per tank as we were having to much fun and did not bother getting to technical about it just looked at the pump #s.

PS. I dont work for Pro Line or anyone else I am just a normal guy who wanted to post this for those who care and did not want this report to get lost in all the BS in the other thread about Pro line and the Canadian dist., I talked with John several times and has been great each and every time He offers great support and I would not hesitate to recommend him to anyone who wants a top notch clutch kit and top level support.

The max HP is at 10 500 to 10 700 and max torque is 10 000... In my opinion your are a little overreving...

Rash said:
The max HP is at 10 500 to 10 700 and max torque is 10 000... In my opinion your are a little overreving...
I disagree, my Attak runs like a scalded dog at 11k :Rockon:

MightyWarrior said:
Rash said:
I disagree, my Attak runs like a scalded dog at 11k :Rockon:

those are the numbers from three dyno runs one Apex, one ATTAK and one Apex mountain with at least 500 miles on them...
So your loosing HP and fuel economy at those numberss
:Rockon:

see this:

Attachments

• apexdyno0rr.jpg
    apexdyno0rr.jpg
    98.6 KB · Views: 299
Those numbers don't really tell me anything. I'm basing my opinion on real world results against 2 other Attaks running lower RPM's than me.

11,000 and 9800 rpm are almost the same HP. Bounty a scalded dog runs like a dog that just got some fresh turpentine poured on his rear end. LOL Or a dog chasing that ugly cat of yours to put it out of its misery. :tg:

A dyno may show numbers being almost the same hp at 9800 thru 11,000 but when you are shifted out and holding at 11,000 your speed will be faster,if you clutched for 9800 so you were fully shifted out and running at that maintained rpm you would be quicker from dead stop for a ways but once the sled that was clutched to run at 11,000 shifts i think you would see his tail lights.

So if you gear up untill it won't pull over 10,500 (properly clutched of course)

Then stock 11,000 guy will see your taillight...on the top end anyway...;)!

HAMMER said:
So if you gear up untill it won't pull over 10,500 (properly clutched of course)

Then stock 11,000 guy will see your taillight...on the top end anyway...;)!
To tell ya the truth i think the short tracks or attaks/apex not the mountain sleds are all geared quite tall anyway,but i understand yammi and most manufacturers doing it so you get better fuel milage,but most will never see the actual true speed from there 150 hp stockers that they are geared for,now i know alot of you will quote gear ratios vrs jackshaft ratios but bottom line is stock attak can run an honest 133 on the gun on the juice with stock gearing,so if 250 hp can get to 133 w/stock gearing how in hell is 150 stock hp going to use all of it?? weather you shift at 10,500 or 11,000 unless you have alot more hp you will never run out of gear,but what i was trying to say about the rpm hammer was if you can achieve overdrive more than 1:to 1: and you use all or most all of your clutches and run far enough on good hard surface the sled clutched at 11,000 will pull on the one at 9800 -10,200 but sense they are clutched closer to the torque curve they will out acellerate you up to there top end,and than you will keep on pulling past them for more top end speed if you go far enough.

Back