• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

I need help SW down again losing coolant 550 miles - *FIXED* fingers crossed

2nd year that’s horrible. Lemon law is in effect for any vehicle. I would talk to a lawyer.
Seriously they need to provide you with a new vehicle or get your money back.

I suggest you hurry because in your state you have only 24 months after date of purchase.

https://www.bbb.org/us/Storage/16/Documents/BBBAutoLine/IA-LLsummary.pdf

Thanks for this, it appears mine does fall into this if they think a sled is a motorized vehicle and not a recreational vehicle.

I just got off the phone and Yamaha is ramping up efforts which is promising. I asked for daily updates from the dealer which they agreed to. I have been calm and pleasant but stern. I need results boys. So far it seems to be a good pragmatic approach.

Thanks for the help guys, I hate being the guy to call to yammie but definitely warranted and I feel like they understand my pain. I'm asking for a longblock delivered next week but they wont do that until they determine where the leak is. I said will hurry up please and find the leak.

I'll keep this thread updated like I did the last one. Appreciate the help!

Hopeful that you get some resolve.

Once you get it sorted out they are good sleds.

Good for you calling Yamaha out on this problem.

Dealers need the customer to contact Yamaha sometimes. It also gives them a better reason to work against the norm with a special problem. They will hear from Yamaha!

I would still push for a new motor and let Yamaha spend all the time they want with their diagnostics whereas this is your second year missed. Doesn’t the warranty also cover lost expenses during vacation type riding?

Push push push. Call again and again until they step up to the plate. They owe you, Period!

I am sure your dealer won’t mind, it justifies their means to Yamaha.

Sorry for your problems,it reminds me of my 13 cat turbo problems,mine was tuned and cat did find out,was not a pleasant time for any of us,my dealer or myself,and I lost. I hope you don't,but keep fighting,its all we have. Good luck.

On a fair note, Yamaha and your dealership would have to prove a tune caused the issue - just because you tuned the engine does not absolve Yamaha of their YES warranty contract with you.

Attachments

• FTC Consumer Alert_Warranties.pdf
    168.4 KB · Views: 122
Good info, the engineer in me is curious what "the manufacturer must prove that the aftermarket part caused damage to the other warranty covered items" means? How scientific do they need to be? I wonder what a suitable piece of proof would be?

Good info, the engineer in me is curious what "the manufacturer must prove that the aftermarket part caused damage to the other warranty covered items" means? How scientific do they need to be? I wonder what a suitable piece of proof would be?

That's exactly the point - Yamaha is going to have to go through hell and high water to prove that whatever tune you have is too much for their engine to handle under normal circumstances. Based off all the details you've given for your particular situation, they're going to have one heck of a time doing so.

That's exactly the point - Yamaha is going to have to go through hell and high water to prove that whatever tune you have is too much for their engine to handle under normal circumstances. Based off all the details you've given for your particular situation, they're going to have one heck of a time doing so.

And overwhelming substantial evidence of thousands of tuned 998s over the last 4 years with no issues like what Kinger is experiencing.

Kinger I saw an almost identical post to your issues on FB today. AT first I thought it was you but then I looked at his profile and he was from the upper east coast.

Hopefully it doesn't get to this point because that means attorneys, etc., etc. to make Yamaha "prove it"

It was “Yamaha Sidewinder and Arctic Cat Thundercat” page. Scott L. from Canada runs the page.

I hate the FB groups i can't find it. The forums should never die. Such a better format for history. I still use it to look up advice I gave people 4 years ago because I now forgot LOL.

Last edited:
I call everyday day now. No work on sled today tech was out. Also Yamaha has not called the dealership like they said they would. This is fun! I will keep calling each day. Squeaky wheel gets the grease I guess.

I call everyday day now. No work on sled today tech was out. Also Yamaha has not called the dealership like they said they would. This is fun! I will keep calling each day. Squeaky wheel gets the grease I guess.
Wow!!! This is horrible!!! Sorry for your bad luck man!
Your dealer should give you a demo model at least to get you riding!!!! That would be the right thing for the dealer to do at this point!!!!

Back