• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

I Need Help!!

eskimonytroxtx

Extreme
i changed my oil and filter and started to check for leaks and found out i forgot to take the old o-ring off. Now i can't take the oil filter off. the corners on the filter that grab onto the filter remover have rounded out, and now it has been leaking very slowly for the past 3 days.
Does anyone have any advice?

Drain the oil into a clean container for re-use. Puncture the oil filter with a slotted screw driver and hammer to turn and remove, remove old O ring! Re-install new filter and fill with oil. Top up oil if needed.

I have had to use the screwdriver to free oil filters before that where installed to tight. Its a little messy but it will do the job.

Never re-use oil. For the price of new oil it is worth replacing with new. Protect your investment. The screw driver trick works well, we do it all the time on the rigs. Always install a new filter hand tight with a oil film around the O ring and you should never have to resort to a screw driver to remove.

Back