• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

I need upgrades chasing ski doodles sucks

Dstevenson

Country
USA
Snowmobile
16 viper 10 vector
I would like to. Rely on the experience of the riders in this forum . I have a 2016 Viper SE , and I'm trying to wake this snake up . What are the best mods to put in this sled . Im a aggressive trail rider looking for corner to corner speed , looking for intake , exhaust and clutch mod What works and what should I expect for real world gain for my effort ??

do a search for cannondale as he has done everything you can short of a turbo to get more snap/speed out his viper.

It depends on which Ski-Doodle you are chasing. Can, intake, and clutching will pick it up a bit, but it takes a lot of playing to get it right. You will never be able to play with an 850, an 800 depends on how good of a rider you are, 600s should be behind you without changing much.

I would like to. Rely on the experience of the riders in this forum . I have a 2016 Viper SE , and I'm trying to wake this snake up . What are the best mods to put in this sled . Im a aggressive trail rider looking for corner to corner speed , looking for intake , exhaust and clutch mod What works and what should I expect for real world gain for my effort ??
I don't own one, but first is to get the horsepower up. I would buy an aftermarket header and muffler. There is an airbox mod, that is found on this site. If it was mine, I would then get a programmer and display to show A/F ratio, target at full throttle about 12.5-13. Then adjust clutching accordingly.
It will keep you busy to run with the newer 800's, but shouldn't be too far off.

If corner to corner is the real goal.... I would think he needs better ski's, center shock spring etc... Those along with a clutch kit and free airbox mod are the biggest bang for the buck.

If you seriously need to out run them, find a deal on a good turbo set up. EDIT: Only problem is, some of the newer sleds will not hold up well to boost.

Last edited:
If corner to corner is the real goal.... I would think he needs better ski's, center shock spring etc... Those along with a clutch kit and free airbox mod are the biggest bang for the buck.

If you seriously need to out run them, find a deal on a good turbo set up.
Don't boost the 16 engine.

^^^^ Shoot, I forgot. The rods won't play well with boost, will they? Thanks for correcting me.

Dstevenson, you may be better off trading to a Winder. By the time you add up all the mods in $$$$$, you still won't stay with them, although you will be close. And that money could be put toward trading.
There is probably some great deals on Winders out there. A stock Winder will out run all non-turbo takers. Then, when you are ready, simply add 50hp for well under a grand. You will be blown away by how fast they are when comparing to any non-turbo sled. I don't measure in sled lengths. It's bus lengths, or hydro-pole lengths.
Your two-stroke friends will be begging for mercy.

Cannondale how does the 25/45 Gearing work? what was top speed before and after? I'm thinking I need a gearing change myself.

I have just gotten my SLP header, trail can and PC5 which will all go in in the fall.

Cannondale how does the 25/45 Gearing work? what was top speed before and after? I'm thinking I need a gearing change myself.

I have just gotten my SLP header, trail can and PC5 which will all go in in the fall.
It works great for consistency. That’s it. No speed gain top end but sure works great low end and nice having clutching so consistent.

I would have thought the gearing would help top end a bit

2.08 to a 1.8 ratio should be higher speed at same rpm??

It’s still not a 800 class sled so under poor conditions will not see 100mph. And I still have never seen 110mp
And that is from the man that has one of the fastest NA Vipers on the planet.

Back