• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

I think something is wrong with My skis!

Why are you guys bustin My balls? I post a real concern and you guys make fun of Me! I see some guys here(constant complainers) post problem after problem after problem and nobody makes fun of them!
Now back to some of My issues. I've also noticed that while riding My Nytro that if I turn My bars quickly to the right the sled will suddenly go right! This also happens when I do the same thing to the left. This doesn't always happen though, in very loose powdery snow the problem isn't as severe. Anybody else notice this with their sled? Also I hear a beeping noise coming from the sled and can't figure it out. The last time this happened I was backing it up in My garage, could this have something to do with the valves or maybe the clutch??

Wow....that steering issue makes me think maybe the nut on the handlebars is wound too tite...........

jds1000 said:
Why are you guys bustin My balls? I post a real concern and you guys make fun of Me! I see some guys here(constant complainers) post problem after problem after problem and nobody makes fun of them!
Now back to some of My issues. I've also noticed that while riding My Nytro that if I turn My bars quickly to the right the sled will suddenly go right! This also happens when I do the same thing to the left. This doesn't always happen though, in very loose powdery snow the problem isn't as severe. Anybody else notice this with their sled?

Bars? You're still using bars? That is so last year. I dug down deep and purchased a control conversion kit from Yamaha. I now have a steering wheel from a '75 Chevy Monte Carlo at the helm.

jds1000 said:
...Also I hear a beeping noise coming from the sled and can't figure it out. The last time this happened I was backing it up in My garage, could this have something to do with the valves or maybe the clutch??

I see that we're going to have to walk you through this using baby steps:

You've been around cars, right? When you hear a beeping sound from them, where is it coming from? The horn, right? There you go. Your snowmobile's horn is obviously stuck.

Well, I heard that Yami just posted a bulletin stating that the entire darting issue can be resolved by replacing your hand guards! I guess it all comes down to uneven force from wind when traveling between 31-39 mph.

I found my front end was too light and easily broken.

No wonder, they used spindles to hold it all together. Once I replaced those with some proper balusters all was well.

I think the main problem is the automatic ski air pressure, or as yammy calls it the ASAP. Seems to be a common problem seeing as how I was told that Yamaha is working to solve problems ASAP.

By the way were airbags an option or not.?

OMG! ROTFLMAO!

and dont forget the headlight fluid!

You know, some body's wife or girlfriend who is trying to show an interest in her man's sport or hobby is going to accidentally read all of this stuff, and go out to the garage when he's cleaning or detailing his sled, and she's going to start asking "THESE" questions!

Don't forget to rotate your track every 10,000 miles! Especially if you're studded, so you can bend those bent studs back the other way!

Back