• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

I want a bag that looks good on the sled, saddlebags???

DeerHuntr

TY 4 Stroke Guru
Hey guys, I orderd the FX SPORT TRUNK BAG from my dealer and got it installed tonite and am unimpressed for $70. I could have bought a backpack from WalMart and bungee corded it to the #*$&@ of my sled and it would look just as good. What the hell is with the straps running in 4 directions, looks like hell but is secure I guess. I am wondering if the saddlebags are secured to the sled in a better fashion or if they look like a afterthought as well??? Could you include pics??? I am in need of some sort of bag, I don't need allot of room just enough for a bottle of pop a camera and maybe a spare balaclava and goggles . The bag I bought is large enough but looks like a POS on the sled. I was looking at a tank bag but after seeing one at the dealer I think it will get in the way as i tend to really crowd the tank. Guess i am looking for something functional that doesn't get in the way and looks good on the sled. Sled is a 09 NYTRO RTX, Thanks

go with a windshield bag. it should have enough room for a camera, and pop bottle, and maybe googles if you tried. Have the accsesory windshield bag on mine and it looks good fits nice, its a liitle taller then the windshield it self (have the FX Nytro® Monochrome Windscreen) but it doesnt bother me.

Fits '08~'09 FX Nytro® models with accessory windshield, Black
SMA-8GL21-30-00 $40.95
plus it doesnt stick out like a sore thumb on the back

My buddy and I both have the Yamaha saddle bags and I think they work well. When you need the extra room for carring stuff you don't care what it looks like.
When I need them I put them on. When I don't they come off and quite easily.

IMG_3740.jpg

IMG_3659.jpg

seriously if your worried about looks, buy a good backpack.

yamaha has the lightning and the storm packs from tna gear, they are absolutley awesome. as long as you dont try to take the kitchen sink with you, you will never know it is behind you. ski

Is anyone using the gas caddy sadlebags, would be nice to have the option of carrying a little gas as well as my stuff. NLVMAX, yours is the combination saddlebag correct??? Was wondering about just the saddlebags not one with the compartment on top of the seat as well. I am guessing the accessory windshield bag wouldn't fit my stock windshield at all. Thanks for all the help guys, keep the options coming

I bought the gas caddies and they seem to work ok. Last weekend I didn't carry any gas, but I put my gauntlets in one side and a bag with some goodies in the other side. They stayed very stable and I never noticed them back there.

DeerHuntr said:
Is anyone using the gas caddy sadlebags, would be nice to have the option of carrying a little gas as well as my stuff. NLVMAX, yours is the combination saddlebag correct??? Was wondering about just the saddlebags not one with the compartment on top of the seat as well. I am guessing the accessory windshield bag wouldn't fit my stock windshield at all. Thanks for all the help guys, keep the options coming

There is a compartment on top which is nice for the small stuff you have. Hardly notice it.

Some guys have put racks on the back as well.

stopdropanroll said:
lucky_7 said:
I bought the gas caddies and they seem to work ok. Last weekend I didn't carry any gas, but I put my gauntlets in one side and a bag with some goodies in the other side. They stayed very stable and I never noticed them back there.
:worth:

Yeah, I know! I only rode with them for the first time last weekend and didn't take any pics, now my sled is at Skyboz's house. I will get some up as soon as I can.

I have the gas caddies as well, and agree they are hardly noticeable - in fact I like the way they look. I squeezed a tow rope on one side, in addition to the 1.5 gal of gas, and was able to fit my gauntlets in the other side, again, around the 1.5 gal of gas.

I have the tank bag up front, http://www.yamaha-motor.com/sport/p.../5/603/2018/15922/2009/1/7652/0/0/detail.aspx (hope this link works!) which not only gives a ton of storage, but has two small sipped pockets on each side, and allows easy access while riding. It is also very easily removed in only a few seconds.

Went for a ride today and actually like my ugly bag, sure is nice to have some storage. I honestly never noticed it was back there and it kept everything nice and dry. I had spare goggles ,gloves, balaclava, camera, and a 24oz Dew with me and had room to spare in the main compartment and still had the 4 smaller pockets empty. Will probably keep it for this year and get the gas caddies for next. Went on a relaxed ride with the wife, had a couple blasts to 90mph plus and got 14.2 mpg and the wife got 11 on my old fuse cruising a steady 40mph or so so she did pretty good with it, I usually got 8-9mpg. Hope the milage gets better so I won't need the caddies, 400 miles and counting

Back