• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

I want to Yamaha

benjamingvsu

Expert
Country
USA
Snowmobile
2014 Viper rtx se
This was easier when I bought an 07 phazer after renting one and my 2014 viper because it was the best 4s on the market at the time. Now, after a failed cat 800 experiment and an enjoyable albeit slow time on a cat rr 4000 ( 80 hp 500 2s) I have no idea where to turn.

looking to buy this coming spring, and I’m near exclusively in lower Michigan. Tighter trails. Don’t really want a viper again, been there done that.

Recalls, blown motors and the like I see on the competitors has me thinking Yamaha again but this lineup seems stale. Think anything new gets released alongside catalyst?

Hard to say, Yamicats line up is what it is for now and probably not going to change, other than shock improvements and new stickers color scheme, still waiting for some ride reports on Cats new green Rev.

Catalyst 600 would work for you. It will seem like a race car after your 500. Doesn't mater if its Yamaha it would just be blue. Same 2S AC engine.

Catalyst 600 would work for you. It will seem like a race car after your 500. Doesn't mater if its Yamaha it would just be blue. Same 2S AC engine.
I don't doubt that it will feel great after being on the 500 for a couple years - it may even be faster than the Viper was, but I highly doubt Yamaha brings out a Cat clone in blue with a 2 stroke. I know they did on segments of their lineup, I just don't see it on the trail side and not in year 1 of Catalyst.

Not first year like you say. But I don't see AC keeping the Procross for long so whenever they stop making it Yam will have the 600 in blue.

This was easier when I bought an 07 phazer after renting one and my 2014 viper because it was the best 4s on the market at the time. Now, after a failed cat 800 experiment and an enjoyable albeit slow time on a cat rr 4000 ( 80 hp 500 2s) I have no idea where to turn.

looking to buy this coming spring, and I’m near exclusively in lower Michigan. Tighter trails. Don’t really want a viper again, been there done that.

Recalls, blown motors and the like I see on the competitors has me thinking Yamaha again but this lineup seems stale. Think anything new gets released alongside catalyst?

I can bet your Viper was all stock or not setup right....cause all the Vipers I have owned, setup or sold clutch kits to....... changed the way the entire sled drove, they were quick, nimble and performed flawlessly.

Sleds come from the manufacturer with a general setup, it requires the owner to setup the sled to their liking.

Nothing wrong with the viper - quick and nimble as you say - I spent way too much time with clutch setups trying to get the top end I wanted. But 7 years later, I can't see buying one again. Too many other great sleds out there to try.

Back