• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Iain Haydens CSRA Nytro ( factory race sled )

Well, Yammi does have a great motor....

That adjustable mount for the tie rod at the spindle, Looks like they use that to control/minmize bump steer when changing something else. Neat!

Skids have been from RR for quite a while, maybe 3 seasons now? You'd think Yammi would get the hint....

The open sleds do come up for sale now and then - a lot of times they're sold as rollers, can be bought pretty reasonable. Not something most people would be interested in though. They're a LONG way from being something that's going to be trail ridden.

Looking at that front end kinda makes me upset at yamaha. They are not even beefing the stock subframe up anymore, instead just make a whole new one out of a block of aluminum. If the stock one can't hold up on the track then how can it hold up on a bad trail at 60mph? Obviously something needs to be changed in the front end!

subframe is the biggest disappointment in a sled i have ever seen - my son bent his with 40 miles on it and both sides were bent with just under 500 miles - it is serious junk - yamaha should have a class action lawsuit filed against them for this thing.

I think aftermarket companies should figure something out. I'm sure for $200 to $300 someone would come out with some beefy add ons to weld up to make the stock subframe SOLID. I'm sure many people would pull off their subframe and ship it off to get REWORKED and never have to worry about it again. The thing is, when Yamaha makes the sled it's made so that it's fun and that it breaks after a while. As long as people have "enough" fun on it then they can justify repairs and or buying a new model when the old one falls apart. The sled isn't made to be bullet proof, there's no money in that. We live in a disposable economy. Most things aren't fixed these days, you throw it out and buy new. Just my 2 cents.

any more pictures?? Interesting sled. Looks like they moved / put a lot of weight on the back of the sled. Anyone know any specs on the motor, or what they change? Operating RPM? Any drive train modifications??

Thanks for the pics!!

yamahaboy701 said:
Looking at that front end kinda makes me upset at yamaha. They are not even beefing the stock subframe up anymore, instead just make a whole new one out of a block of aluminum. If the stock one can't hold up on the track then how can it hold up on a bad trail at 60mph? Obviously something needs to be changed in the front end!

Come on! Do you really think a trail could ever compare to the track?

Johan Eriksson rode the stock Nytro with just a few bracings last year and ha had very few problems. I think the other brands had the same amount of trubble. And they have factory Snow X sleds... Btw, they are also strengthened at weak spots!!

cawcislo I totally agree!!!

Yamaha is really being sneaky about this subframe. They know they have a problem and don't want to do anything about it! They will lose customers over this deal.

I will be making my new subframe stronger and might be interested in offering a service for people. Anyone interested???????

I wish I could have my nytro's front end sitting up that high, looks like they have it mounted different?

Back