• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

ICE SCRATCHERS

HIGHLAND_GT

HAS ANYONE HAD ANY EXPERIENCE USING ICE SCRATCHERS ON THEIR SLED TO PUT SNOW OR ICE CHIPS INTO THE SUSPENSION TO STOP SLIDER WARE AND RUN COOLER IN MARGINAL CONDITIONS?

I have them on my attak and they work great. We don't get very much snow here so they are very nice to have.

ice scrachers

WHERE DO YOU GET THEM ARE THEY HARD TO PUT ON :die :rocks:

I do not personally have them, but have run with guys who have and, yes, they are very helpfull when the snow gets thin, especially on lakes.

Several different ways to do this. There is three styles and countless number of places that sell them. You have suspension mounted that mount to your rails and spray snow back at the rear axle, then you have running board mount. They mount on the bottom side of your running boards and spray snow into the mid/front of your suspension. Then you have ski mount. They spray snow at the front of your track. I have tried many different styles and brands and perfer ski mount becasue they work well and never damage your track. Rail mounted ones (most common) will tear up the edge of yoru track over time. Bottom line is they work great, just dont back up with them down and dont try to load your sled with them down. The ones I run know are custom ski mounts made to work with the yamaha mountain ski. Eric

Attachments

• scratchers%201.jpg
    scratchers%201.jpg
    19 KB · Views: 110
  • scratchers%202.jpg
    scratchers%202.jpg
    19.3 KB · Views: 118
  • scratchers%203.jpg
    scratchers%203.jpg
    8.9 KB · Views: 479
I could not find a good place to mount the above scratcher on my Apex with wheels in stock location.
Order ski style from Hartman. Same price and don't have to move wheels to install.
Willing to sell my others cheap!!! $25.00

skmon said:
I could not find a good place to mount the above scratcher on my Apex with wheels in stock location.
Order ski style from Hartman. Same price and don't have to move wheels to install.
Willing to sell my others cheap!!! $25.00

Will the ones you have possibly mount on your ski's? :dunno:

Back