• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Idle

Bristowfxnytro

Veteran
Country
Canada
Snowmobile
2008 nytro rtx
hey everyone, wondering what the 08 nytro is supposed to idle at? I’m around 1350-1400rpm. Having an issue where at idle if I braap the throttle a few times, rpms drop and sled stalls. Usually does this if you hit full throttle off the line, but if easing into it everything is fine. Had this problem last season and just dealt with it. Wondering if I need to go into diagnostics mode and adjust tps setting? Did plugs the other day and gapped to spec. Tors is working, and freeplay is at 3mm which is spec according to the manual. Thanks

how fresh is the gas in the sled? has it ever had injectors cleaned?

Idle speed should be 1450 to 1550 rpms according to the service manual.

My sled does this too but only when its cold. If I let it warm up on its own, it wont die when I blip the throttle. Is this also normal?

all my 4 stroke sleds have done this as well as my siblings sleds.

how fresh is the gas in the sled? has it ever had injectors cleaned?
Gas is from last March, but was doing this when I picked the sled up. Have ran plenty of tanks through it since then, and only ran 91. I’ve never cleaned the injectors, but I did notice that when inspecting the air box, the 3rd cylinder boot (from air box to throttle body) had an oil residue on the inside of the boot where boot 1 and 2 didn’t. Wondering if the CO is off for the 3rd cylinder?

when where the plugs last done? might have a bad one.

Check exhaust temps at each cylinder after cold start up to which one is bad. Then switch coils from one cylinder to another and see if problem moves or stays. If it stays I would look at wiring to that coil.

Check exhaust temps at each cylinder after cold start up to which one is bad. Then switch coils from one cylinder to another and see if problem moves or stays. If it stays I would look at wiring to that coil.
How do I go about checking the temps?

heat gun works or just pull the plugs and see if they all feel same temp after running.

heat gun works or just pull the plugs and see if they all feel same temp after running.
Okay cool. Are we talking ignition coils (plugs)? Sorry for all the silly questions, been chasing this issue for a while and can’t seem to figure it out.

yes, that is what i mean. how i solved a spark issue i was having on an old sx700 that was miss firing.

yes, that is what i mean. how i solved a spark issue i was having on an old sx700 that was miss firing.
Okay I’ll give that a try, any chance one of the CO could be off causing this issue? Want to cover as much ground as possible.

never had to adjust the co myself yet so cannot answer you.

Back