• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Idler wheels,2 bolt mounts,Mono skid fixes...PICS!!!

Awesome info! Just a note to all, a friend of mine found out the hard way that the Billet wheels need to be rubber coated if they are coming in contact with stud backers.

I just got the wheels I ordered and the bearings are a little wider than stock. Not a big problem I just used a small washer to take up the gap. Bolts may be too short, I put red locktite on them but may go get the next longer bolt. This is only if you use the stock mounts, the 2 bolt ski doo mounts that I have in the rear inners fit good with no washer shim needed

blue er said:
thanks Dan, all the work you have done to make our sleds better is much appreciated

these 4 strokes are awesome,the only thing we really needed to make better was the skid issues and maybe the handwarmers ect....used to be always replacing pistons in those 2 smokes...lol

i dont see any reason these 06s shouldnt last and last with these upgrades to the few things that werent good.

yammie better come out with a new model soon, otherwise noone will be buying anything new since these sleds last!...lol

i used to buy new sleds every couple seasons,this is longest ive had a sled in alongtime....and i still love it!

Dan, I had Ulmers bearing on my rear shock with 2,800 miles. Only problems I had was grit in the bearings. Any way my ? is, isn't your tube mounted low for track protection? The bearing roller mounts right on the shock bolt.

RacerDave said:
Dan, I had Ulmers bearing on my rear shock with 2,800 miles. Only problems I had was grit in the bearings. Any way my ? is, isn't your tube mounted low for track protection? The bearing roller mounts right on the shock bolt.

Hey buddy....

yeah its very odd,i have heard many of Ulmers anti rub kits lasting many miles,while mine cracked the first ride.....i run gold diggers and not sure why they would crack it and others not....i know my buddies kit did not crack and he also runs gold diggers....i guess i just wasnt lucky.

when i saw the new 09s rear arm i did some measurements on the welded on "loop".....I decided to make mine slightly smaller cause the 09s IMO look like they will rub most of the time....take alook at my explanation here.
http://www.ty4stroke.com/viewtopic.php?t=76778&start=15

these type of LOOPS are designed to stop the track when it HOPS or LOPES at hi speeds or quick stops....i had some video done of what was going on with the track LOPE while riding....and found that 99% of the time the track doesnt touch but at certain times it lopes up/down in motion to make that rub....this will cure it

this straight on picture will show you better,see how the track rub MARK in shock is angled....this is how yamaha designed theres for 09....mine is similar.

hey dan your skid looks awsome my skid is coming out on weekend to change the track everything looks ok at first glance (no cranks ulmers anti rub kit) changing all the bearings though wish i could do beef up kit but coins tight hopfully summer job i went for 1" preator 120 1.175studs in center thanks for your advice

new rob said:
hey dan your skid looks awsome my skid is coming out on weekend to change the track everything looks ok at first glance (no cranks ulmers anti rub kit) changing all the bearings though wish i could do beef up kit but coins tight hopfully summer job i went for 1" preator 120 1.175studs in center thanks for your advice

sounds good....hopefully studs in center means up the middle and NOT in actual center where shock lives.

Dan

Hey Dan, Nice to see you working on your sled once in awhile....lol.

Just thought I would say Hi, haven't talked in awhile

Back