• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Idler wheels

Mattcull

Veteran
Country
Canada
Snowmobile
2009 Yamaha venture lite
I’m trying to take the idler wheels off but they just won’t go! Any suggestions?
2009 venture lite
Also, my boggie wheels... I tried taking the bearings out to replace them but that seemed impossible as well...??

is there a snap ring holding the bearings in the wheel? there was a period that the oe wheels did not have replaceable bearings. i always hit ones i have trouble removing with a punch on the race/bearing as i am usually planning on replacing them at that point.

is there a snap ring holding the bearings in the wheel? there was a period that the oe wheels did not have replaceable bearings. i always hit ones i have trouble removing with a punch on the race/bearing as i am usually planning on replacing them at that point.
No snap ring

If it's the original wheels, the bearings are not replaceable. The bearings are molded into the wheels. Chuck them and get later model wheels from an Apex that have replaceable bearings. Weird thing is that they're cheaper.

Are you talking about the rear idlers on the shaft? Could try soaking the shaft at the bearings with PB Blaster. Could also be the spacers that are seized on there. Put some vice-grips one spacer and turn the shaft to free it and repeat for each spacer.

When you reassemble everything, anti-seize is your friend.

No snap ring

those are the oe wheels with the non serviceable bearings. you can grab aftermarket wheels with the bearings.

what mooseman said is the right direction to go. just make sure you do not loose the washers for the rear axle. destroys the skid rails if they are missing.

Back