• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Idler wheels

Mattcull

Veteran
Country
Canada
Snowmobile
2009 Yamaha venture lite
Has anyone noticed that the venture lite has a lot of idler wheels! Has anyone gotten rid of some
Permanently?
I have a 2009 venture lite and there a lot compared to newer sleds! not cheap those idler wheels either.

Unless you ride in powder all the time and not on hard packed trails, I'd keep them. If anything, I went with larger wheels. Or go with Vespel slides if you can afford them.

Why would you get rid of them?

Unless you ride in powder all the time and not on hard packed trails, I'd keep them. If anything, I went with larger wheels. Or go with Vespel slides if you can afford them.

I was looking at newer sleds and they have a fraction the amount of idler wheels. Plus they aren’t cheap .

If you have to replace all of them, maybe consider the Dupont vespel slides. There are some you have to have because they are on the suspension cross bars. I replaced all of mine with 135mm wheels at the time before Dupont slides came out because the slides to wear out quickly. Mine had less than 1000km when I bought it and they were worn out albeit at the front curve. Having those wheels helped them last over 10k.

If you have to replace all of them, maybe consider the Dupont vespel slides. There are some you have to have because they are on the suspension cross bars. I replaced all of mine with 135mm wheels at the time before Dupont slides came out because the slides to wear out quickly. Mine had less than 1000km when I bought it and they were worn out albeit at the front curve. Having those wheels helped them last over 10k.
I’m looking to only replace the inside one and the back ones right now. Know of a good place to buy good yet not expensive idler wheels? My dealer told be 49$ fir the small ones and 53 for the large ones ... they must be cheaper elsewhere?

use royaldistributing.com as they do email orders and phone orders. where i usually get the ones i need from to replace any of my spares i have used.

I was just going to suggest that. :D

I went with the larger wheels from Kimpex made a world of difference along with white slides which seem to wear better. The wheels are a direct fit with correct spacing and 6005 bearings. It is costly at first but if you do a WD40 cleaning and repack with a good marine grade grease they last forever.

The Kimpex part number is 04-119-96S for the 130mm wheel with 6005 bearing. I would think your dealer would have the kimpex line of parts. They are $32, some dealers may sell for less.

Mooseman, did you replace all the lower wheels to 135's?

Yes except those on the suspension cross bars as there weren't any with 6004 bearings at the time and used Ski Doo wheels and mounts. They still made a big difference in making the slides last much longer. Now with wheels available in 135mm with 6004 bearings (X-Wheel or Kimpex), all can be replaced.

Back