• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

idler wheels

Best to take off, measure then call and see or take to dealer and match it up..if your studs are good and seated properly then it looks like Ice chunks did that damage… You might want to clean ice off your suspension before riding so that don’t happen if that was the cause…

I put 5 thousand miles on the ski doo wheels. Same wheels. They last they work. This is not complicated guys. 1 mm will make no difference what’s so ever. These sleds go over uneven ground all day. If anything the ski doo wheels will help with slide wear and might even be faster. I say MIGHT.

awesome will order right now, the outside is not studded, and its only the ones inside the skid running on studs that disintigrate.... prob when road running as i have longer studs and they prob get pushed up from hard surface.... but thos JT wheels just turned into stop signs.... they were garbage in short time on the studs... on rubber they are ok except for the one that prob is in a tree some where.
Yeah something changed since 2017, and your comment about longer studs makes sense!

Just under 9K and changed out 1 wheel so far, and the JT 4 wheel kit he called (Stealth Big Wheel Kit) that Replaced the cheap 2017 TriHub is still going strong!

Stock 1 1/4” track with shorter studs then yours, (Woodys 1.325” Gold Diggers)! Haven’t had to replace any of those in the 5-6K that they’ve been on!

I’m sure my milder tunes are easier on stuff when compared to your Wild tune though!

my wheels look like the pic above post after 300k, my longer triggers on the storm track i think is the main culprete, but only when on hard surface as they push up and then chunk wheels, on my other sled that only has about 3/8 stud over lug doesnt effect wheels as much, but the stock cat wheels in the last few years in my opinion are junk, im putting the skidoo wheels all on the inside that run on the studs, the outside i have no studs and no issues. kimpex/saucy 04-141-01 wheels are exact same as skidoo... 40.00 each

my wheels look like the pic above post after 300k, my longer triggers on the storm track i think is the main culprete, but only when on hard surface as they push up and then chunk wheels, on my other sled that only has about 3/8 stud over lug doesnt effect wheels as much, but the stock cat wheels in the last few years in my opinion are junk, im putting the skidoo wheels all on the inside that run on the studs, the outside i have no studs and no issues. kimpex/saucy 04-141-01 wheels are exact same as skidoo... 40.00 each
Yes, have heard that from many, cheap wheels on newer models. I bought 2 wheels from my dealer, which seem to be of the same good quality as is on my 17. Have only had to replace 1, so I still have a spare, but if and when, those Doo wheels sound like a great way to go! That is if you can get them with the scarcity of parts and waiting time on a short season, because I have to be ready now, when I need parts!!

1mm is no worry, only 1/2mm Bigger effectively really. If your in Canada Gamma has wheels, not sure if better than stock but more affordable. Just don’t have enough miles on them yet.

Has anyone found any wheels that survive running on the studs...the stock wheels are junk and peel the rubber off withing 200k when running over studs,... i just spent 400.00 !! on... JT... wheels that are CNC machined plastic.... have put 600 miles on and they are square now all flat spotted where the triangel cut outs are as they are a little larger than factory and hang below hifax 1/8" and run on the studs, the ones on out side of track are good except one... all i had on the sled was the bearing and cir clip after this weekend. my studs are torqued right into track and on double backers and no flexing.

JT smaller wheels carry a lifetime warranty same as the 4th wheel kit. You should take him up on that offer.

Oh seriously, they are absolutely foo barred.... they look like stop signs.... where all the triangle cut outs are... they went flat. and one outside wheel is gone.... bearing and c clip stayed.... wheel is in some bird nest!!! Only had 500k on them

Man idk if I’ve ridden 300 or 500k miles in my entire life. I only put in 1000-1500 a year for last 30+ years. And your mad your wheels didn’t make it. Hell most cars don’t lol.

But really are your studs seated properly? These dumb quiet lugs on these tracks I blame for a lot of that. Hard to suck studs down to properly bottom against backer with that in there.

Klymaxr, check your pms on hcs.

Also one of my wheels #*$&@ the bed less than a 100 miles. Going to try those doo wheels.

Back