• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

If Yamaha made a 2-stroke sled again

If yamaha made a Direct Injected 2-stroke sled would any one switch from the 4 stroke to the 2 strok

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • no

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Of course not. Neither will their 4-strokes hold together. Direct injection doesn't do much for dependability, what it does is it significantly reduces emissions, fuel consumption, and oil consumption. Yes, oil consumption since you don't have gas washing the oil out of the crankcase any more. Of course its been my experience that Yamaha 2-strokes held together quite well - I have 2 yamaha 2-stroke sleds over 20 years old without any major engine service, both well mistreated.

i feel so confident when heading out on a trip with the 4s,going back to a 2s would put me back in doubt,i remember thinking that i'd hope it didnt blow when i tear it up and down the lake,na,4s for me

Count me out! I'll never go back to 2-stroke smoke again. The reliability of a 4-stroke engine far exceeds the need of ever owning a 2-stroke. I mean, just look at Ski-doos recalls, recalls, recalls. :die

No more 2 strokes for me either. If I was 20 and pounding the trails as fast as I could that might be a different story, but my riding has changed over the years and the 4 stroke suits me just fine. I rode over 300 miles off trail last year and my Rage went everywhere my friends XP Renegades went. I would rather spend my time riding and modifing my 4 stroke than rebuilding a 2 stroke. G.B.

No not ever again!! Direct injection does nothing for the reliability of the motor. Both of my DOO buds bought x package revs the same year I bought my vector. Both of the DOO's have been re-ringed already with half the mileage and one of them burnt down 2 times and they were both 600 SDI's. I will probably pick up another one next year but my original is staying in the barn to ride another day. It has been so good to me I can't sell it.. My mechanic buddy hardly rode last year due to the fact he always had someone's motor ripped apart on his bench in the garage and that alone made me happy about my purchase.

I'll stick with my 4S thanks. The added weight of my RX is barely noticable versus my SXR in the conditions I ride in.

I'm with Lazy when it comes to outboards though....but that is purely a weight issue. The 4S outboard would hurt my boat's performance so badly that it's simply not an option. In a non performance situation though I run a 4S outboard and love it. IMO there isn't enough (if any) of a performance gap between a 4S sled and a 2S sled to justify changing. If the MachZ was twice as fast as my RX then we'd talk...but they're not. Do I want a Yamaha version of an XP..no thanks. I'll keep my extra lbs of quality thank you...I'd be fine with one or two extra lbs on my W-arm lol.

The 4s engine is the only reason I started looking at Yamaha before purchasing my Vector last year. The Nytro is often thought of as the 4 stroke Rev...if it had a 2 stroke in it, would it then be considered the 2 stroke Rev???? In other words, there is no reason to reinvent the wheel and offer a product that only matches the competition at best. The only machine I can think of where a 2s might be a selling point is the Phazer. Maybe a 500cc HO 2s version with DI and 105+ hp, 75lb weight loss in the process?

For me personally - NO. But I would consider buying a child size 2-stroke that was somewhere between a 120 and a Phazer.

I am getting too old...can't get it done with 2 strokes anymore, definatly need 4 strokes...christ I am getting close to having a stroke myself.

Ease of operation, not carrying extra oil, not worrying about fuel quality, service intervals , start it and walk away, no changing spark plugs, weight is a non issue I never lift it and I can still throw it around the trails as much as I need too, the 4 holer sound(when the gaskets are good)!! the potential for large power, love the engine braking :4STroke: !!

I can't believe everyone who is comparing a potential yamaha two stroke to ski doo in terms of quality. A ski doo engine historicaly needed two rebuilds before a yamaha needed rings, and that was before direct injection.

Back