• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

If you didn't ride Yamaha...

lilwilly

If you didn't ride Yamaha, what sled would you ride? I've had Yamaha ATV's for years and when I got into sleds, they seemed like the logical choice. But recently I've been wondering if I might not be better off with another brand. My XTX has great power, but hard to steer, heavy, and seems to have a fragile front subframe (I think mine is tweaked - didn't hit anything). I'm the only one in our group that rides Yamaha. Most folks ride Arctic Cat CrossFires or M series. I'm sure the grass isn't always greener on the other side, but their sleds are easier to ride, start easier in real cold weather, get stuck less and require less people to pull them out. I like my XTX, I'm just undecided whether I should keep it or maybe go with another brand of sled. So back to my original question - if not Yamaha, what would you ride?

I would be on an Arctic Cat 800 if I wasn't on my 08 RTX. Mostly because it is the closest dealer to me and he is great to get along with.

I'd be on a ski-doo x package renegade. E-tec or 800r... Dunno which. I loved my old ski-doo, and I really like the new ones too.

Polaris 800 Dragon Switchback -

Attachments

• racesledr1.mpp
    2.3 KB · Views: 102
  • 635injstg3.mpp
    2.2 KB · Views: 90
  • Nick stage1stckinjectors.mpp
    2.1 KB · Views: 100
I'd probably still be on a Yamaha. Love the 4-stroke to much. If Yamaha wasn't around I'd probably go with a Ski doo renegade 1200. But for me :yam: 's

I would be on a Polaris. BTW if you do decide to go cat skip Norther Power sports. Drive to Eagle River or Wasilla and save at least $1,000.

Most likely Ski-doo, but not sure what.
Was not quite happy with the lame 1200, and there wasn't an 800 e-tec.
Plus I have seen many issues with the Doo's over the last 2 years.

Waiting to see if Yamaha pulls a magic sled out of their hat in the next 2 years.
Looking for new Nytro that fixes issues.
My wish list will include...
More power, less wieght, lower motor center of G, new strong front end, correct tunnel cooling, and slider wear fixed.

But then, that might be what Ski-doo will offer in 2 years.

Back