• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

If you didn't ride Yamaha...

Out of all the sleds out there rite now the one I would really like to try is the Polaris RUSH. Just wish they had a reliable mill over 600cc. The four stroke impresses the hell out of me in my Nytro and it would be real hard to go back to a 2 stroke I'm afraid . I guess the four stroke Doo would be choice number 2, my buds Z1 Turbo is quite a ride too but expensive.

I wouldnt want to change, but if I did I would want the polaris assault that track looks mean!

EsonPZ said:
I would be on a Lynx Rave RE800.

Look as I will be on one of those this year (a -09).. Couldnt find it in me to get another Nytro.. Just alittle to SAME SAME.. Still a Yamaha guy but fun to try something different... Will miss the engine though... ALOT!

Alatalo said:
Very likely one of the Lynx models, just because of the suspension...
SledFreak said:
How is that sled anyways? I would love to see one in Person? The suspension does seem different? How does it perform?

The best rear suspension I have ever tried. Outstanding bump absorption, not really because of the shocks but more because of geometry, lack of coupling and massive suspension stroke. Also, very easy to control weight transfer because of the extremely long center swingarm. If you want to wheelie, just lean backwards or pull the bars. If you want the skis to stay planted on corner exit, just lean forward / inward.

Attachments

• lynx_rs.jpg
    lynx_rs.jpg
    103.8 KB · Views: 70
  • pps_2.jpg
    pps_2.jpg
    64.8 KB · Views: 76
  • pps_1.jpg
    pps_1.jpg
    60.3 KB · Views: 91
There would only be one other sled to get. . . .a 1969 Yukon King like Johnny Skepical. . . .that way I can smell like a chainsaw!!

I honestly don't know what I would get - so it's a darn good thing I don't need to be forced into making that choice. They all have their advantages and disadvantages and in my opinon Yammi has the least amount of disadvantages (or at least the lowest amount of the critical ones).

Too bad a guy couldn't get a Genesis 130FI and drivetrain assembly into a mildly "beefed-up" RevXP chassis. . . .that might be it right there??

Sticks in the Face said:
There would only be one other sled to get. . . .a 1969 Yukon King like Johnny Skepical. . . .that way I can smell like a chainsaw!!

I honestly don't know what I would get - so it's a darn good thing I don't need to be forced into making that choice. They all have their advantages and disadvantages and in my opinon Yammi has the least amount of disadvantages (or at least the lowest amount of the critical ones).

Too bad a guy couldn't get a Genesis 130FI and drivetrain assembly into a mildly "beefed-up" RevXP chassis. . . .that might be it right there??

yes, that would be the sled I'd want!

DeerHuntr said:
Out of all the sleds out there rite now the one I would really like to try is the Polaris RUSH. Just wish they had a reliable mill over 600cc. The four stroke impresses the hell out of me in my Nytro and it would be real hard to go back to a 2 stroke I'm afraid . I guess the four stroke Doo would be choice number 2, my buds Z1 Turbo is quite a ride too but expens
ive.

Polaris rush is over rated. it's fast for 30 feet then any other 600 beats it, dad bought one, took it back to dealer

Alatalo said:
Alatalo said:
Very likely one of the Lynx models, just because of the suspension...
SledFreak said:
How is that sled anyways? I would love to see one in Person? The suspension does seem different? How does it perform?

The best rear suspension I have ever tried. Outstanding bump absorption, not really because of the shocks but more because of geometry, lack of coupling and massive suspension stroke. Also, very easy to control weight transfer because of the extremely long center swingarm. If you want to wheelie, just lean backwards or pull the bars. If you want the skis to stay planted on corner exit, just lean forward / inward.

Why doesn't DOO use that skid in their sleds over here, North America? I never understood why they don't..

yamahahaha said:
DeerHuntr said:
Out of all the sleds out there rite now the one I would really like to try is the Polaris RUSH. Just wish they had a reliable mill over 600cc. The four stroke impresses the hell out of me in my Nytro and it would be real hard to go back to a 2 stroke I'm afraid . I guess the four stroke Doo would be choice number 2, my buds Z1 Turbo is quite a ride too but expens
ive.

Polaris rush is over rated. it's fast for 30 feet then any other 600 beats it, dad bought one, took it back to dealer

It's not all about speed, I'm willing to bet the ride and handling is far superior to anything Yamaha makes and you can say what you want about Poo but they generally make a very good and durable chassis. Motors aren't on the same planet as Yammi though. We will see how it pans out for them, Polaris needs something to get it's faithful happy again and regain their trust, that 800 shure isn't doing it!! I would love to see a Polaris / Honda merger, could you imagine a 140hp Honda 4 stroke in a Rush chassis, sign me up!!!!!!!

SledFreak said:
Why doesn't DOO use that skid in their sleds over here, North America? I never understood why they don't..

From this season, they doo...Look at the rear suspension of the factory snocross sleds. Not exactly the standard SC-5 skid used in the customer sleds. Also, not exactly the Lynx PPS skid, but the thinking behind it is supposed to be the same, from what I have been told.

Back